Clownfish help!!

flairbear04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 ocellaris clownfish. 4 orange and 1 black. My little black clown has gotten some weird looking stuff on his face. Almost like his face is bubbly looking?? And it’s turning white. It’s been like that for 2 days. My dad just said to watch him and make sure the others don’t get the same thing. We don’t have a quarantine tank yet but we are trying to get one. We have Paraguard though. But I’ve heard people say not to put it in the main tank because it can mess up your filter. I could not get a good picture because he wouldn’t stay still but I’ll attach a couple. What do I do?? Is he okay??

A3AC4B89-4CC0-4761-88C3-3C84A2FF4AD3.jpeg DF62F964-CD10-43DF-84F5-7BAC624DF19B.jpeg 735EAD19-23F4-43E9-B567-120AC8DD6A10.jpeg

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know without a better inspection but I suspect brooklynella. I would like someone else’s opinion tho

OP
OP
flairbear04

flairbear04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the closest thing I could find to it as well. I'm very very new to this hobby so I just wanted to see what other people thought. My other clowns still look fine so far I know they say brooklynella is very contagious.

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the closest thing I could find to it as well. I'm very very new to this hobby so I just wanted to see what other people thought. My other clowns still look fine so far I know they say brooklynella is very contagious.
At least isolate it until you have a QT. But get right on that. You are dealing with 1 right now but it will be 5 unless you take action. I don’t know if that is the diagnosis but regardless that fish needs to be removed and monitored

OP
OP
flairbear04

flairbear04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just in any separate container? Like a big container even if it doesn't have lighting or anything?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That doesn’t look like Brooklynella to me, more like an injury, possibly from grappling with another clown (and losing).
As mentioned, isolating it in a floating basket would be a good idea. I’ve seen people rig plastic colanders for that sort of thing, just be sure it can’t jump out. Watch for rapid breathing though, that is a sign of worsening problems.
Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I give him any medicine too? Or just isolate him? Thank you for all of your help!!
I would just isolate for now; if it still feeds well and doesn’t start breathing fast, you shouldn’t have to treat.
Jay

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back