Clownfish is sick. Please help, I’m new to the hobby.

xxjokerxx0415

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys thank you all who answer my question in advance. I have some kind of designer clown fish. I just got him on Wednesday that just past and he’s sick today I noticed. By the way the tank is still going through it’s nitrogen cycle and it’s a 10gallon. I can get you guys my parameters tomorrow. I will not be posting a recent picture yet because I just noticed the sickness at the start of it. Therefore it’s so small that not even my iPhone camera can pick it up yet but my eyes can see these little white almost, possibly, maybe ‍♂️ cotton bumps on his tail, pectoral fins on his body below the dorsal fin. He’s hanging out in safe corners and he’s shaking and lunging forward. I’m think maybe I caused this, because the tank is so small and might of over fed a little bit last night when I first fed him. With my description what do you guys think it maybe. We can rule out ich I know it’s not ich for sure. I’ve seen ich in freshwater and it’s definitely not ich. Looks more fluffy.

P.S
I have a fighting conch that is super small like the size of your thumb nail maybe a tad bit bigger. We kinda bumped into each other

FAEF1123-A012-4EDE-90AE-AABE16FA5CE9.jpeg D9685653-1AB9-4D55-9D2E-8059187369F3.png

Last edited:

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need more photos of the fish and the video is of the conch

Upvote 0

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can give a video of how its moving that might help. Clownfish are very weird. So definitely need video to say of its a normal weird thing or not normal weird thing. Ive seen mine swim upside down play dead you name it a clownfish will do it. When you say spots I first think Ich but if you're certain its not theres some people here who really know they're fish illnesses. Good luck.
Like I said in the post I can’t get any pictures of the disease because it’s to small but my eyes can see it

Upvote 0

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the video the clownfish looks normal until that twitch. I dont know what that twitch means but that doesn't seem normal to me. Like I said before that could be one if the clownfish things I haven't seen yet.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
xxjokerxx0415

xxjokerxx0415

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can give a video of how its moving that might help. Clownfish are very weird. So definitely need video to say of its a normal weird thing or not normal weird thing. Ive seen mine swim upside down play dead you name it a clownfish will do it. When you say spots I first think Ich but if you're certain its not theres some people here who really know they're fish illnesses. Good luck.
I posted two videos. Sorry for background noise.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
xxjokerxx0415

xxjokerxx0415

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upvote 0

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think this is parameter related. Is the fish still eating? I don't see anything in the videos that concerns me

Upvote 0
Back