Clownfish mouth stuck open URGENT

R33F3RMAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So pretty much I woke up about 3 days ago and saw my brand new ocellaris clownfish with its mouth stuck wide open, I read up on it and it said that it usually just heals itself and the clownfish should be fine in 3 to 4 days. it’s the third day now and nothing has changed his jaw is still stuck open and I don’t know what to do

all tank peramenters are great and I’m very sure that’s not the cause, I do not have any corals that could have stung it and I haven’t seen any aggression between the two clowns

the clownfish does not seem to eat the misis I have fed them

please help if possible!

I can attach photos if needed

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Likely dislodged jaw, but can also be that the clownfish may have something stuck in its mouth. Take a really close look if you can. Other possibility is that it may have been stung in the mouth making it hard to close it.
You can try to net it and lightly tap its mouth to unlock it if its lockjaw.

OP
OP
R

R33F3RMAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likely dislodged jaw, but can also be that the clownfish may have something stuck in its mouth. Take a really close look if you can. Other possibility is that it may have been stung in the mouth making it hard to close it.
You can try to net it and lightly tap its mouth to unlock it if its lockjaw.
Cant see anything stuck in its mouth and I don’t think it’s a sting as I dont have any corals at the moment. I’ll try net it and just see if its jaw can close.

OP
OP
R

R33F3RMAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I tried closing the jaw it seems to close under a little amount of pressure and doesn’t seem locked

OP
OP
R

R33F3RMAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take it you have put it back since you have closed the month by hand. Any change? Is it eating?
I tried feeding it and it doesn’t seem to be eating but looks a lot happier maybe in a couple days it will just decide to start eating again

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back