Clownfish Mouth

Gary_Vieira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what this might be??? It looks like some disease in his mouth. It kind of looks like his mouth got cut when I first seem him he had something coming down the side of his mouth. I took a few pictures to find out what this is.

uploadfromtaptalk1451693115940.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1451693153466.jpg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could just be Lymphocystis or possibly a bacterial infection. See below for more info about Lympho.

Lymphocystis:

Symptoms - Lymphocystis appears as a white or beige colored cauliflower-like growth that usually starts on the fins and spines and sometimes spreads to the body. Initially it may be small (looks like ich), and then grows in size (which is how you know it’s not ich). Lympho is a virus that many fish carry for life. Fortunately, it is rarely fatal or even harmful to the fish, and symptoms will come and go.

Treatment options - No known cure or treatment exists. However, feeding vitamin-enriched foods and maintaining pristine water conditions may expedite the “going away” process.

Lenny_S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had exactly the same thing with a new Ocellaris I got a couple of weeks ago. It was in QT and I treated with erythromycin and it cleared up in 4 days. But I don't know if it was the erythromycin or it just healed on its own.
While his mouth was like that he barely ate, but pulled through just fine.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1451699228.627567.jpg

This is what it looked like in my case

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back