Clownfish not eating and has stringy poop

Hud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a clownfish on Sunday. He’s in a 20 gallon quarantine tank with copper(cupramine). And I have not seen him eat and he has stringy poop. He also goes to the top of the tank and sometimes swims vertically with his but up. Is this an internal parasite? He doesn’t look bad. Or is it swim bladder? What should I do there are 3 other fish in the quarantine tank?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What you’re observing suggests internal parasites
The treatment of choice is prazi pro. Best used in a quarantine system but if you choose display tank, dose at 80% of recommended and increase oxygen as prazi is known to reduce oxygen saturation and curb appetite

OP
OP
Hud

Hud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you’re observing suggests internal parasites
The treatment of choice is prazi pro. Best used in a quarantine system but if you choose display tank, dose at 80% of recommended and increase oxygen as prazi is known to reduce oxygen saturation and curb
That’s what I thought. I think it’s swim bladder so I added some epsom salt and I will see if that helps if not I will get some prazipro. Thank you for your help

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That’s what I thought. I think it’s swim bladder so I added some epsom salt and I will see if that helps if not I will get some prazipro. Thank you for your help
Behavior does not suggest bladder issue and rosin is useless as fish is in saltwater already- that’s a freshwater remedy.

Back