clownfish not eating

LifeOfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, so on may 9th i got a black clownfish and an orchid dottyback. they are the first fish in my tank. i have a 10 gallon (but planning on upgrading to a 20 long within a month). anyway, the first day I got the clownfish it ate a little. the clown is very small (about an inch long). anyway, the past few days, (I've fed only frozen mysis btw), it has eaten a little but not as much as I thought it would. like it takes one or two pieces of shrimp and just lets the rest float around the tank. it does show interest in food tho, it comes up to the food but then backs away from the food after. i think it might not like the mysis i am unsure tho. its swimming just fine (although its swimming up and down a lot like everywhere in the tank but I'm pretty sure that's normal). it takes like a quick 2-3 min break max on the sand bed then goes back to normal. should I be worried?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Your symptoms indicate either internal parasite or start of brook in which diet is affected
I assume activity and breathing normal?
Any white, stringy poop?
Any milky looking haze on the face/body area?

OP
OP
L

LifeOfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your symptoms indicate either internal parasite or start of brook in which diet is affected
I assume activity and breathing normal?
Any white, stringy poop?
Any milky looking haze on the face/body area?
yup activity and breathing is normal, i think I saw a bit of white poo, no milky look or anything like that. i didn't quarantine (yes ik i should have but didn't have water and was in a rush as well), so I added it along with an orchid straight to my display. granted my display only has those two fish with just two pieces of rock and live sand. i think it might be bc it hasn't even been in the tank for a week, so it is still getting used to everything. and again it shows interest in food and is very interactive and stuff, just it eats like a very small piece and is done. I'm going to try and switch the food with something like new life spectrum or bloodworms. i don't want to quickly say it is something like brooks yk.

tc3driver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could also be that the Clown doesn't see the mysis as a food item, or it may be too large for it at an inch. Could try some frozen brine shrimp, a little smaller.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back