Clownfish not looking good

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all is their anything I can do to save this clown? He’s looking a little better every once in a while but is not looking great. He ate this morning.

Ph is 7.7
Nitrates about 30
Nitrite is 0
Ammonia is 0
Salinity is 28 ppt
Temp 78.5

3D864B01-1FB4-46D8-88F7-D66713728B40.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4392.MOV
    43.2 MB

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa you need a water change stat!!! Get those params down. How bad is your algea perchance? How is the fish's breathing? Get a qt tank or a deep bowl and add NEW water, not tank water to it and toss him in there, make sure it's the same temp.

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. You need to get those parameters right by first doing a water change. You may want to do several water changes in the next few days. I hope for the best.

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the water green?
Salinity should be about 35ppt. Yours is pretty low.
It’s low cause it is my quarantine tank so only fish, the water is crystal clear I just had a very stubborn algae attack during my busiest week all year I did a 30% water change and I will do another one soon.

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa you need a water change stat!!! Get those params down. How bad is your algea perchance? How is the fish's breathing? Get a qt tank or a deep bowl and add NEW water, not tank water to it and toss him in there, make sure it's the same temp.
I’ve been doing weekly 20% and I did a 30% right after I posted the thread. The breathing is a little fast but his has always been up their and the malformed gills have been their the entire time. The photo makes the algae look rly bad but the water is crystal clear I just had a super busy week and a very hard algae took over in like 2 days

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are those params in the QT or DT ? cause if it's a small qt/hospital with those params maybe do a 100% wc... Long shot but maybe borrow a tang from somebody if it'll fit. But then again algea is the only thing holding down the params as is. No, WC is the answer FOR THE NOW, then get the tang for the lawncare. No spots on fish?

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are those params in the QT or DT ? cause if it's a small qt/hospital with those params maybe do a 100% wc... Long shot but maybe borrow a tang from somebody if it'll fit. But then again algea is the only thing holding down the params as is. No, WC is the answer FOR THE NOW, then get the tang for the lawncare. No spots on fish?
It’s a 30 gallon and those perams are the qt. I’m making water for another change tmr. The clown is looking a lot better though. No spots or any sign of disease.

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There you go then keep monitoring and fight those params. As long as he eats he should recover. Best of luck, mine never did, but then again brook kills fast.

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a thought: I just picked up a lightning maroon clown from the lfs yesterday and in that tank he was acting funny, swimming near the surface etc, on his side. Almost made me think something was wrong. I asked the lfs and they said it was normal, but he was alone no other clowns. A few other fish etc. I got him and a green anem that evening, he jumped in the anem that night. Then a I got a female this am and they paired and both host the anem. So... not helpful, but hopeful.

Just saying clowns are odd fish.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back