Clownfish pushing against glass

reefSF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish keeps swimming its face/mouth against the glass as if it's pushing on it to try to swim through. Is it irritated on its face or just normal clownfish behavior? I also just saw it try to rub it's face/mouth area against the rock too. It recently developed a bunch of dark spots on it but I thought it looked like clownfish hypermelinization.

Attachments

• 20220807_144046.mp4
    69 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My clownfish keeps swimming its face/mouth against the glass as if it's pushing on it to try to swim through. Is it irritated on its face or just normal clownfish behavior? I also just saw it try to rub it's face/mouth area against the rock too. It recently developed a bunch of dark spots on it but I thought it looked like clownfish hypermelinization.
Not abnormal for a clown and may be playing with its reflection trying to show aggression towards the imaginary clown in its reflection

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it is just battling it reflection. You might be able to tape a piece of dark paper on the outside to cut the reflection.

The larger one is pushing the glass slider around a little, keep an eye on that so it doesn’t get worse.

Jay

Back