Clownfish rapid breathing is this normal?

Shibaken3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got this clown fish 3 days ago to pair with my existing clown fish. I notice that the newer clownfish is breathing much faster than the clownfish I have. There's no aggression between them and doing fine. The tank ph 8.4, rest is 0, temp 77. Just want to make sure this new clownfish is doing fine. Check the video plz and thanks for reading.

Attachments

• 20220926_163840.mp4
    54.9 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I recently got this clown fish 3 days ago to pair with my existing clown fish. I notice that the newer clownfish is breathing much faster than the clownfish I have. There's no aggression between them and doing fine. The tank ph 8.4, rest is 0, temp 77. Just want to make sure this new clownfish is doing fine. Check the video plz and thanks for reading.
Its a little rapid but I believe due to aggression as you will see the larger is breathing normal and the smaller also has nipped fins behind anal area. Often the larger which is female is the aggressor and will push the other around and hog the food and claim areas in the tank.
Next time you go to feed, place your cell phone on video mode for a few minutes and walk away.
Review after several minutes and you may see the other clown being pushy

OP
OP
Shibaken3

Shibaken3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a little rapid but I believe due to aggression as you will see the larger is breathing normal and the smaller also has nipped fins behind anal area. Often the larger which is female is the aggressor and will push the other around and hog the food and claim areas in the tank.
Next time you go to feed, place your cell phone on video mode for a few minutes and walk away.
Review after several minutes and you may see the other clown being pushy
thx I will definitely do that and see if the clownfish is aggressive behind my back.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, not to be overly critical, but your signature line...

I believe it goes like this, "Winner winner, Chicken Dinner!"

Just sayin'

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back