Clownfish stringy poop?

tomtheturkey

Reef Wizard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

My smaller male appears to have stringy poop. Its not very thick. I will try to post this video I have. I am feeding once a day LRS Reef frenzy food. Am I not feeding enough? They both eat well. No heavy breathing or spots noticed.

Aquarium Parameters:
Aquarium type: Fish only ( just pair of clowns nothing else)
Aquarium water volume 32 gale cube
Filtration type AIO
Lighting AI prime 16
How long has the aquarium been established? 2 months
Digital image of the aquarium under white light

Water quality (be sure to indicate what measurement units you are using, as well as the test kit brand)
Hanna/redsea test kit

Temperature 78.1 F
pH: 8.2
Salinity / specific gravity 1.025
Ammonia less than .2ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 4.9ppm

Attachments

• Clownfish.mp4
    2.5 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello all,

My smaller male appears to have stringy poop. Its not very thick. I will try to post this video I have. I am feeding once a day LRS Reef frenzy food. Am I not feeding enough? They both eat well. No heavy breathing or spots noticed.

Aquarium Parameters:
Aquarium type: Fish only ( just pair of clowns nothing else)
Aquarium water volume 32 gale cube
Filtration type AIO
Lighting AI prime 16
How long has the aquarium been established? 2 months
Digital image of the aquarium under white light

Water quality (be sure to indicate what measurement units you are using, as well as the test kit brand)
Hanna/redsea test kit

Temperature 78.1 F
pH: 8.2
Salinity / specific gravity 1.025
Ammonia less than .2ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 4.9ppm
I would not get too concerned as fish does not display signs associated with internal infection. Its likely excess mucus from fatty foods fed such as Mysis shrimp and brine shrimp.
Adding foods such as TDO pellets and LRS fish frenzy will change the appearance, furnish fish with aminos and provide additional nutrition.

OP
OP
tomtheturkey

tomtheturkey

Reef Wizard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not get too concerned as fish does not display signs associated with internal infection. Its likely excess mucus from fatty foods fed such as Mysis shrimp and brine shrimp.
Adding foods such as TDO pellets and LRS fish frenzy will change the appearance, furnish fish with aminos and provide additional nutrition.
Thanks that's what I was thinking I do have TDO as well I have fed once but the pellets don't sink very well and they don't come to top very much to get them. I will see if I can maybe soak the pellets in tank water then feed? Is once a day feed to little? When I had my freshwater way back when I tend to over feed.

stevolough

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I soak them for a few minutes and they sink better. I would say small amounts two or three times a day is better then just once especially if you tend to over feed. They sink pretty fast so observe feeding so you know there eating and food isn’t being wasted.

OP
OP
tomtheturkey

tomtheturkey

Reef Wizard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fed small amount of TDO this morning and they have pooped and nothing hanging Will Feed more this afternoon. So I will alternate and mix the LRS and TDO

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back