Clownfish struggling in new tank

stebbins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a very old nuvo 16 gallon crack on me. The only thing in it was my original fish occlerias clownfish (12 years old) and three anemones. I set up a 10 gallon tank real quick and the rock in it with 1/2 new water half old water about 5 days ago. I have a new tank cycle for him but it won’t be ready for a while. The anemones are looking bad and my clownfish isn’t eating right now. My nitrates are between 10 -20. But my ph is swinging a very large amount 7.7 - 8.4. Checked ammonia and was at 0. Also changed from a Radion light to kessil a360 not sure if that has anything to do with my anemones being upset.

My question is should I move him to my large mixed reef tank with one other clownfish and a few tangs before he starts looking worse or just keep doing water changes till my new tank is ready.

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When will your new tank be ready? I would guess the change of lighting and tank both contribute to the anemone issues. As for the clown, was he having any issues before the move?

OP
OP
stebbins

stebbins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clownfish fish has been super lazy for a long time. He never leaves his anemones for more than a few seconds but he almost always comes out to eat when I drop food in.

OP
OP
stebbins

stebbins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think it’s the large ph swing that could be affecting him. His old tank was very stable.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back