Clownfish swims around 24/7

Piece of reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys
Is it jormal for my clownfish to be swimming around the whole tank day and night

Ive had them for 3 days

1 of them sits still and the other one doesnt stop moving around the whole tank

jtlmnop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two O clowns that have been in a new tank for almost 3 weeks. They both just swim up and down in one corner, then occasionally go hide in the back of the tank. They seem happy and healthy, they eat several times a day, but I guess I expected them to swim around a bit more. Maybe once I add a few more inhabitants...

OP
OP
P

Piece of reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two O clowns that have been in a new tank for almost 3 weeks. They both just swim up and down in one corner, then occasionally go hide in the back of the tank. They seem happy and healthy, they eat several times a day, but I guess I expected them to swim around a bit more. Maybe once I add a few more inhabitants...
How many times a day do you feed them ?

OP
OP
P

Piece of reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3. A few pellets when the lights come on full around 10:30am, some frozen mix around 6pm, and a few more pellets around 10:30pm. Too much?
Im no pro man
Ive researched max twice a day but honestly not 100%, ive even read people feed once every other day
Im sure one of the other guys can help out with that though

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah no worries. When I first added my clowns to the tank there was nothing else in there but them, they kept swimming in and out of a cave, "hugging" the side of the tank for about 4 days straight. Then I dont think I ever saw them go there again lol. It definitely has been a while since theyve been further than 4" from their cave. Good luck!

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt you'll see them swim around the tank much. They normally stick to one location, usually a corner.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many times a day do you feed them ?

As much as your tank parameters will allow.

If you feed frozen, a little a few times a day will be fine, if using pellets they tend to sit on the sand bed and rather than feeding your fish, they increase your PO4 and nitrates in the tank, that is why many say to only feed once a day.

OP
OP
P

Piece of reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious. Do you have a lights-out time for your tank or are some lights always on in the tank or in the room?
Hey i have lights on only in my room, the tank gets plenty of light, i also open the blinds but no sun directly hits the tank, its aimed at the opposite wall

They both just ate 4 pellets each which is awesome and my lfs told me to lower salinity, apparently it helps with stress.

As much as your tank parameters will allow.

If you feed frozen, a little a few times a day will be fine, if using pellets they tend to sit on the sand bed and rather than feeding your fish, they increase your PO4 and nitrates in the tank, that is why many say to only feed once a day.
I want to try frozen, was just worried because they are in qt, i dont want to overfeed so i dont get an ammonia spike
Ill be trying frozen when i move into my display though

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey i have lights on only in my room, the tank gets plenty of light, i also open the blinds but no sun directly hits the tank, its aimed at the opposite wall

They both just ate 4 pellets each which is awesome and my lfs told me to lower salinity, apparently it helps with stress.

I want to try frozen, was just worried because they are in qt, i dont want to overfeed so i dont get an ammonia spike
Ill be trying frozen when i move into my display though

you are more likely to over feed with pellets than frozen.

Fish need a night time, with no lights as dark as possible, I think that was the point being made.

OP
OP
P

Piece of reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are more likely to over feed with pellets than frozen.

Fish need a night time, with no lights as dark as possible, I think that was the point being made.
Oh yes
I turn my room light off at 830pm and just normal room lighting from window comes on around 630am

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back