Clownfish treatment

GoldenMediaGirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my first pair of young clownfish. One percula clownfish, one ocellaris. Both are under 2 inches. They are the only fish in my 55 gallon tank, newly cycled. I've had them for 2 days. They don't seem very hungry when I feed them. I've noticed that the percula has long white stringy feces. Today (day 3) they also seem less active. I think it might be internal parasites. What is the best medication to use, and how do you recommend administration?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just got my first pair of young clownfish. One percula clownfish, one ocellaris. Both are under 2 inches. They are the only fish in my 55 gallon tank, newly cycled. I've had them for 2 days. They don't seem very hungry when I feed them. I've noticed that the percula has long white stringy feces. Today (day 3) they also seem less active. I think it might be internal parasites. What is the best medication to use, and how do you recommend administration?
Are you, or was the store feeding mysis shrimp, brine shrimp or both? If so, often mimics internal parasites
If not - either prazi pro or ruby rally pro will treat

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 67 34.4%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back