Clownfish vertical swimming

SnT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could someone let me know what to do with my Clownfish? I don’t know if she is pregnant, swim bladder, dropsy or just having a bad day but I am really worried about her you can see in the first part of the video she looks normal but wait til the end she is doing this a lot.
Tank parameters
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5.5
Phosphate .21
Alkalinity 8.7
Magnesium 1365
Calcium 480
PH 8
I have had her over a year no idea on age but she is very big.
I did introduce 3 tangs but she is not stressed at all not afraid of them and no one is picking on her. She is still eating and comes to greet me at the front glass.

Attachments

• IMG_0992.MOV
    87 MB

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you long press on the movie clip and select download you can view the clip once downloaded….using iOS that is.
I'm trying to load it on my PC so I can view full screen. PC doesn't like the format.

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looking at video, its one of two things, , , , while eggs are possible, you should also see both clowns favoring an area, rock or object and cleaning it. It appears this is more od constipation which often occurs when there is blockage in the intestines from food or excess mucus in the foods/stomach.
If youre feeding pellets, mysis and/or brine shrimp exclusively, this may be the case. Have you noticed what its poop looks like ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SnT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to get the vid to load - the fish looks pretty bloated. It’s possible there is some gas trapped inside.
She has always been quite chunky may be a little bigger than normal. What can I do for gas bubbles?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SnT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at video, its one of two things, , , , while eggs are possible, you should also see both clowns favoring an area, rock or object and cleaning it. It appears this is more od constipation which often occurs when there is blockage in the intestines from food or excess mucus in the foods/stomach.
If youre feeding pellets, mysis and/or brine shrimp exclusively, this may be the case. Have you noticed what its poop looks like ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SnT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do feed mysis, coral frenzy pellets, LRS and TDO pellets. My tangs get Nori 24/7. If there is a blockage what can I do? Both Clowns are super chill but I do notice they are favoring the right side of the tank (180g DT)

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I do feed mysis, coral frenzy pellets, LRS and TDO pellets. My tangs get Nori 24/7. If there is a blockage, what can I do? Both Clowns are super chill but I do notice they are favoring the right side of the tank (180g DT)
If the clown is eating offer brine shrimp which often acts as a laxative and change up the diet a little. LRS nano frenzy would be a good addition

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SnT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Her poop that I seen last which was a few days ago just spread out over the tank in little pieces. Not hard or stringy.

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ok should I get live brine? Or frozen?
Both would be good. Live to get it into the fishs' system and frozen to continue it on

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Didn’t you suggest a bit of boiled pea meat as a laxative for fish the other day? Why wouldn’t that be an option here?
Rarely works in marine but effective with freshwater, You can try but it may or may not work.

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one chunky monkey! Its belly is fat, but so is the whole body. I think it needs the brine shrimp laxative trick and then a diet (grin).

Jay

Upvote 0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back