Clownfish white spots?

Emlxn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello again, I posted here yesterday worried about a white patch on my clownfish’s mouth which looked like it might have been an injury from lip locking. However today the white spots have spread and are now a lot more obvious! He is still swimming and eating as normal and isn't showing any signs of being ill apart from the spots! Is this ich? And if so how do I treat? I cannot afford to set up a hospital tank and have corals in my main one. Heeelppp pleaseeee!

Attachments

• IMG_2973.MOV
    17.2 MB
OP
OP
Emlxn

Emlxn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another photo

Attachments

• E4867831-7FA7-4923-BE11-F94408F4ABC7.png
    E4867831-7FA7-4923-BE11-F94408F4ABC7.png
    634.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2973.MOV
    17.2 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another photo
In these new videos, I can see just a hint of some white lesions in front of the dorsal fin. It isn't really clear, but that isn't in a normal spot for damage from fighting clowns. I don't see the distinct white spots that ich would show, but now I can't rule out that it is mucus production caused by the protozoan called Brooklynella (common in clownfish). I can't easily read the other thread while I'm responding to this second one, did I send you the link to "helpful hints" as to more information we need to try to figure out what's going on? If not, here it is:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/s...sease-treatment-and-diagnosis-section.775547/

Jay

OP
OP
Emlxn

Emlxn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s unfortunate about the quality of the videos being lowered when I send them. In person the spots are very distinct. I’m not sure if it is ich or brooklynella. Have got myself a quarantine tank now, should I remove all fish and treat for ich or just remove the one and treat for brooklynella?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at the link I sent - I need to know the water quality parameters, all tankmates, etc. Setting up a quarantine tank is good, but you need to ensure you have good biological filtration in that, as you don't want to swap a disease issues with a high ammonia issue.
I don't see any clear evidence of ich. It could be Brooklynella, as I said. Formalin is the best treatment for that, but it is hard to get. You might be able to use Ruby Reef Rally Pro as a 3 hour dip each day, just to see if it helps clear some of the symptoms.

jay

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • None.

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back