Clownfish With Ice blue holes in her head?

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did a FW dip and now notice white spots all over her. Only dipped for 1 min maybe should have done longer as it was kicking what ever was on her off? Still need help guys......
Might be flukes.. usually want to dip them longer like 5 minutes and they can fall off but if it’s real bad it can kill the fish in the process. Here’s some info https://humble.fish/flukes/

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal still thinking its HLLE, flukes? All I have is three clowns in the tank (in a divided tank). Took out carbon yesterday, Thinking of dosing General cure as per humble fish instructions. suggestions

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal still thinking its HLLE, flukes? All I have is three clowns in the tank (in a divided tank). Took out carbon yesterday, Thinking of dosing General cure as per humble fish instructions. suggestions
Flukes won't cause lesions like that. The results from your dip seem like they are just mucus. I see some moderately rapid breathing in the video, and that is a concern. As I said, no real treatment comes to mind for me here. Very often, visual clues are simply not enough to formulate a treatment plan with. I don't see any reason not to try General Cure, but I still think that this could be some chronic issue, and not protozoans or flukes.

Jay

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flukes won't cause lesions like that. The results from your dip seem like they are just mucus. I see some moderately rapid breathing in the video, and that is a concern. As I said, no real treatment comes to mind for me here. Very often, visual clues are simply not enough to formulate a treatment plan with. I don't see any reason not to try General Cure, but I still think that this could be some chronic issue, and not protozoans or flukes.

Jay
Thank you for your help. Will dose the tank with general cure, no inverts, coral, carbon in the tank just three clowns

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s your fish looking?
Not good, lost another last night, one this morning and I am treating one right now thats not looking like it will make it. considering getting out of the hobby.....

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 138 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back