Clownfish with white spots and breathing heavy

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just moved my sebae into another nicer tank. Just noticed him laying on the sand and breathing heavy. I also noticed he has white spots all over him.
B09FE716-0F2E-42D2-B700-54D4C4E2D1A1.jpeg
5B5FE135-DA62-4E6E-8BE4-9A603CF6B562.jpeg
5B2E691F-E42C-45B6-8C0A-59C6C03CE8C0.jpeg
Help please.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What should I do to get rid of it, I know nothing about it at all.
I'm not the expert on this, but in my experience if it is velvet it is too late. It took 2 days and I lost the hole tank. Do you have coral?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
ED8C5744-8BFA-4113-9346-47B14563B00A.jpeg

Heres another pic.
These are mucus spores and suggests marine ich.
A freshwater dip will offer temporary relief IF fish is not breathing heavily. After dip, You will need to place fish in Quarantine tank and treat with Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A freshwater dip will offer temporary relief IF fish is not breathing heavily. After dip, You will need to place fish in Quarantine tank and treat with Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials.
Thank you Vetteguy, I don't know how to help any further. Good info

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for response, is it possible for me to treat the tank the way it is. The tank is 13.5 fluval, and the fish is breathing heavy. Should I still do a freshwater dip. And what testing kits should i use for ammonia, this tank also has one yellow goby and 2 snails.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for response, is it possible for me to treat the tank the way it is. The tank is 13.5 fluval, and the fish is breathing heavy. Should I still do a freshwater dip. And what testing kits should i use for ammonia, this tank also has one yellow goby and 2 snails.
This is not my main display tank.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not recommended in display especially with copper. FW dip will buy a little time and offer relief. QT highly recommended and can even be a clear plastic tote but dont skim on essentials. Hanna for copper and recommended Hanna or salifert for ammonia

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This might be a dumb question but would you suggest I remove the goby and move it or will it already have ich
I has been exposed and would benefit to include in quarantine.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I has been exposed and would benefit to include in quarantine.
Ok thank you. i don’t mean to be cheap and I really want to save my fish, he is very young still. However I am really busy, would It be a terrible thing to dose copper in the tank. And what type of copper treatment. Thanks.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you. i don’t mean to be cheap and I really want to save my fish, he is very young still. However I am really busy, would It be a terrible thing to dose copper in the tank. And what type of copper treatment. Thanks.
I found one on Amazon under the name “Korean” is that good?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
As I posted , best is coppersafe or Copper Power which you dont want Any copper in display unless you are planning fish only. In times of algae, etc - Means no snails- No inverts ever

Quarantine tank and treat with Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%

Back