Clownfish with white stringy poo - prazipro or focus/metroplex?

PSU_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive read some threads on here and am looking for input. I have a clown who's been in the tank a few months now with white stringy poop. No noticiable changes in eating, weight, color etc.

It seems like prazipro is "easier" but the seachem duo may be better for internal parasites. What is the consensus on this?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd feed General Cure mixed with Focus for binding to the food for 10-14 days twice per day. This treats both internal parasites and worms. But, sometimes white stringy poo isn't always an internal parasite...but if in doubt, treatment is a good choice.

Prazipro is typically dosed to the water column if the fish has stopped eating, or if you suspect external flukes. I have not used Seachem Duo, so no opinion on this medication.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beware that oral medications are very often misapplied in terms of dosage. It is pretty tricky to dose just the right amount. Here is an article that explains some of the issues:

Jay

chadfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown had that once and then never again. Make sure you observe for a chronic issue and not over-reacting (like I almost did)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back