Clownfish won’t go in anemone

jayala12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ea6b627f33cc253f4efd661d0af102a1.jpg

fdbfae771fda3d5f0f7ba22ac0b0e628.jpg

My clownfish will not go in my anemone. They just stay under it and rub on the base and foot. What gives ? They have been doing this for about a month.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ea6b627f33cc253f4efd661d0af102a1.jpg

fdbfae771fda3d5f0f7ba22ac0b0e628.jpg

My clownfish will not go in my anemone. They just stay under it and rub on the base and foot. What gives ? They have been doing this for about a month.

That BTA is not a natural host for those Ocellaris clowns, but it may eventually host them still.

EDIT: if they rub the foot that is a good sign.

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your lucky they do that much mine will on occasion. Guess I’m gonna have to sacrifice one anemone and chance placing it in a basket with my clowns.

OP
OP
jayala12

jayala12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

That BTA is not a natural host for those Ocellaris clowns, but it may eventually host them still.

Yeah I know. It’s just frustrating cuz they r soooo close and everyday seem like they r gonna go in but never do. I guess I was just wondering if anyone has ever witnessed clowns sit so close under an anemone and never go in. They rub their lips and fins on it all the time. They just won’t go in. It’s almost like a rant for me so I apologize lol

JollyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a tomato clown. He'll make love to that BTA like the ocean's survival depends on it.

I tried everything--without success--to get various Ocellaris clowns to dance in my BTA. Nothing. They were so uninterested. I tried Melev's PVC slide. I tried isolation/feeder boxes. But then I got a tomato clown and introduced him to my tank via Melev's PVC slide technique. VOILA! The tomato clown spends every second of every day violently contorting itself in the BTA. It's a thing of beauty. Highly recommend.

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a tomato clown. He'll make love to that BTA like the ocean's survival depends on it.

I tried everything--without success--to get various Ocellaris clowns to dance in my BTA. Nothing. They were so uninterested. I tried Melev's PVC slide. I tried isolation/feeder boxes. But then I got a tomato clown and introduced him to my tank via Melev's PVC slide technique. VOILA! The tomato clown spends every second of every day violently contorting itself in the BTA. It's a thing of beauty. Highly recommend.

He's got some nice looking clowns. I know I wouldn't trade them out for a tomato.

It's been my experience that tomato, clarkii and quite a few maroons will host in just about anything including condy nems.

OP
OP
jayala12

jayala12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well they keep rubbing on the foot and stalk if that’s what it’s called. Hopefully they go in it before 2019 lol. Fingers crossed

hwntunda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give them time or you could Tape a picture of clown fish in an anemone to your tank, I know it sounds stupid but I hear it works.(sometimes).....

SingingSiren

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, just give them time. I have a black ocellaris that wouldn't go near either one of my BTA's. I new someone who even waited a year, so I was in no rush. Then one day I was feeding, and cleaning (had my hand in the tank) and all of a sudden the clownfish "saw" the BTA! Duh! It's been there the entire time... Now he swims to both BTA.

Mkus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine lives in my hairy mushroom 10 years now!

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are that close they'll take to it, just takes longer for them to recognize bta

Back