Clownfish

Maine Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently started a thread about my first fish, but I have figured I'm gonna get clownfish. My tank is nearly done cycling, but my nitrate is still around 20ppm. I was wondering if I could get some clownfish with a nitrate level of 20 ppm. Everything else is perfect.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do a couple more water changes to get it down to 15 ppm or a bit less. Congrats on cycling your tank. How about posting a picture. Have you looked at the ORA clowns? Liveaquaria sells them. Beautiful and healthy.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait until nitrate settles at a lower level, you want it to be consistently around 5 ppm or so. How long has the tank been set up and running? Did you add any additives such as Dr. Tims?

OP
OP
M

Maine Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do a couple more water changes to get it down to 15 ppm or a bit less. Congrats on cycling your tank. How about posting a picture. Have you looked at the ORA clowns? Liveaquaria sells them. Beautiful and healthy.
I was actually just gonna go to my LFS to get some clown.

OP
OP
M

Maine Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait until nitrate settles at a lower level, you want it to be consistently around 5 ppm or so. How long has the tank been set up and running? Did you add any additives such as Dr. Tims?
Its been about 3 weeks, I did add Dr. Tims. I went on vacation during the holidays, so it's parameters were weird when I came back but all is good now.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back