Clowns and a melanurus wrasse with golden dwarf morray?

Jack_10218

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The title pretty much says it all. I’ve seen some people say that they shouldn’t be with fish, others say they’ve had their eel everything and it’s done nothing. If someone who has experience could chime in, That would be great! Thanks!

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had one with 2 different Halichoerus wrasses and a pair of clowns as well as damsels, coral beauty, yellow tang for 5 years without any issues. It gets handfed krill a couple times a week and occasionally some live glass shrimp

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics from this morning's feeding

IMG_20201217_115342.jpg

IMG_20201217_115407.jpg

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No shrimp, I'm not sure what the likely hood of the eel eating them is but anytime a shrimp molts it's easy for someone to catch and kill them. There is a thin stripe hermit, they a lot larger than blue or redleg hermits. Three different brittle stars including a medium sized green brittle star.

Neoma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The title pretty much says it all. I’ve seen some people say that they shouldn’t be with fish, others say they’ve had their eel everything and it’s done nothing. If someone who has experience could chime in, That would be great! Thanks!
I purchased a snowflake eel, (30 years ago) being told by the 'expert' that is shouldn't bother anything so long as it's fed twice a day, :/ so pretty much all my fish were gone in a week and a much larger snowflake eel is very difficult to get out of a 150gl live rock tank

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back