Clowns and Copperband Butterflies

LMDAVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if clowns seem threatened by CBBs because of the similar strip pattern? This clown pair resides on left side of tank hosting a Trachyphillia for over 2 years. The never leave their side of the tank for any reason, they are so focused on their lives and the Trachy. CBB has been in tank for 3 days and went through a little bullying from the PBT. At first clowns didn’t care the CBB was in the as long as he didnt go by them, but now they actually go over to other side to torment and handle the situation and bully him back into the corner of the overflow and return to their Trachy. (see video)

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
possibly.. more likely that it is new and small.. clowns are butts... I have several and they are usually the meanest fish in the tanks. they are extremely territorial. they pick on it because they can.

i have a super mean maroon clown in with a copperbanded and he couldn't care less.. in another tank i have two ocellaris clowns in with various fish, but they hate a blue pygmy angel... so go figure.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back