Clowns hiding out in shell?

Dimmy007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two clowns. A female and Male. The female had white stringy poo and i have been treating them with metroplex and focus. Besides the rock i have one large sea shell I put in that my wife wanted in there. Since the beginning the male always went in the shell. The female hung out under one of the rock bridges. Today the female has been in the shell all day. I can see her from the side of the tank in the shell. Not sure if she is hiding out because she is sick or just hanging out. Any help on why she is acting like this or is this normal behavior for clowns.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two clowns. A female and Male. The female had white stringy poo and i have been treating them with metroplex and focus. Besides the rock i have one large sea shell I put in that my wife wanted in there. Since the beginning the male always went in the shell. The female hung out under one of the rock bridges. Today the female has been in the shell all day. I can see her from the side of the tank in the shell. Not sure if she is hiding out because she is sick or just hanging out. Any help on why she is acting like this or is this normal behavior for clowns.
How long have you had the fish?

Any other symptoms other than hiding?

Any aggression between the two? If so this could be the reason.

OP
OP
Dimmy007

Dimmy007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the fish?

Any other symptoms other than hiding?

Any aggression between the two? If so this could be the reason.

We have had the fish for two weeks. They came from the LFS as a pair. No aggression. No other symptoms. They both have been eating fine. They are both in the shell together I forgot to mention earlier.

Edit: when I say no other symptoms that is besides the internal parasite I have been treating with metroplex and focus which I stated in the original post but may have been lost in recent posts.

Last edited:

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May just be a spot they like then. If they are eating well and you don't see any symptoms of disease, I wouldn't stress.

Just keep an eye on them. Brook is common in clowns.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back