club in Mobile AL?

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I got in touch with him.

I'm very curious of how many hobbyists we have in the area?

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know someone started a Facebook group but IMHO that just never works well. Facebook was really not meant for that type of thing, plus the privacy issues, number of ads and such.

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I canceled my Facebook account long ago. But is that Facebook group pretty active?

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. This is a pretty good area for a reef club I would think. Mobile sitting between pensacola and new orleans, which both areas have high hobbyists activity.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. This is a pretty good area for a reef club I would think. Mobile sitting between pensacola and new orleans, which both areas have high hobbyists activity.
I guarantee there are many lurkers.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m over on the MS gulf coast. Do you all have an active club going? The reef scene is actually fairly active over here.

I’m in the process of setting up a 480 gallon right now. Should be filled in the next month or two.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m over on the MS gulf coast. Do you all have an active club going? The reef scene is actually fairly active over here.

I’m in the process of setting up a 480 gallon right now. Should be filled in the next month or two.
There will be one soon enough! What part of MS are you in?

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this thread is getting old, but for those still in the hobby let's keep in touch with each other. I am sure a lot of you take vacations and need someone to care for you tank. If you are like me you just do not feel comfortable having a neighbor or family check things. Also if we keep in touch with each other, we can swap surplus gear and such. I will absolutely have mbrk.com back up and running in the coming weeks. The only reason I have not done it yet is that this new tank has taken up all of my extra time. I have ordered a sump, controller, pumps, wavemaker and when all of this comes in I know time will be limited again.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MikeyA, do you have any macro that I can get a piece off of? My sump and refugium is going to be delivered today. I am going to try to get it plumbed this weekend.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I guess I missed that you said 480. That is one massive tank, I need a picture of that hardware!

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snoop, I sent you a pm. That'll be awesome when mbrk is up and running again.

480 system? That is huge. Yes pics please.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back