Club Par Meter

IvanTheTerrible

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I go and spend a bunch of money on a par meter, I thought I'd give this thread another shot. Any chance of the club buying a par meter soon? It was discussed at a meeting a few months back, but I don't think a decision was made.

-Ivan

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think if we just loan it out to paid members we are good as long as we have their contact info because for me idk if I could go to 6 meetings a year and it would definitely make me join the club.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I have no issues with the club purchasing a PAR meter. That is my personal opinion. For that to happen the board would need to hear from the members requesting that we use your money to purchase said item.

The last time that we discussed the issue, last board meeting I don't think that any of us were strongly opposed to it our issue revolves around how we could secure an item such as a PAR meter. Personally I am not comfortable with handing out a $500 device to someone simply because they gave us $30 for a membership. I originally thought that a board member could go to their house and help them map their PAR so that we would not have the meter out of our possession, but that is not realistic. A non disputable credit card hold is the only way that I see as a valid way of securing the device that is purchased with your money. Granted I wouldn't want the club to hold my $500 for a week or two, but that and if enough members actually want to use one is the hold up.

IvanTheTerrible

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I have no issues with the club purchasing a PAR meter. That is my personal opinion. For that to happen the board would need to hear from the members requesting that we use your money to purchase said item.

The last time that we discussed the issue, last board meeting I don't think that any of us were strongly opposed to it our issue revolves around how we could secure an item such as a PAR meter. Personally I am not comfortable with handing out a $500 device to someone simply because they gave us $30 for a membership. I originally thought that a board member could go to their house and help them map their PAR so that we would not have the meter out of our possession, but that is not realistic. A non disputable credit card hold is the only way that I see as a valid way of securing the device that is purchased with your money. Granted I wouldn't want the club to hold my $500 for a week or two, but that and if enough members actually want to use one is the hold up.

A $500 temporary charge on my cc is better than a $500 permanent charge, so I'd be OK with that.

- Ivan

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree - this is a piece of equipment no one wants to buy- but would be useful to have once in a while.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally am all about it, we can have a discussion at the next Board meeting.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.2%
Back