Club Raffles?

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have we or has anyone ever thought of a club raffle? I think it would be a pretty good idea. Say maybe a radion 30 gen 4 is $800, sell $20 raffle tickets, and sell maybe 50 of them. You'd bring in $1000, pay out $800-$850 for the light and the tickets and have $150-$200 for the club to maybe purchase frags for the frag bank. Someone wins a nice piece of equipment for $20 and we make more money to purchase higher end frags for the bank or other club functions. We could do all kinds of different equipment or even a nice piece of coral for a raffle item. Just an idea, any interest?

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do have raffles, generally at every meeting and a big one in December. It is all done with donated things from businesses and members. I don't know if we could sell 50 tickets right now. Summer is pretty slow. I guess we could if we did it on Facebook or another avenue and it was open to whomever.

OP
OP
Wieloch89

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do have raffles, generally at every meeting and a big one in December. It is all done with donated things from businesses and members. I don't know if we could sell 50 tickets right now. Summer is pretty slow. I guess we could if we did it on Facebook or another avenue and it was open to whomever.
That was my thinking. Leave it open to everyone and sell tickets on Facebook or whatever. 50 tickets might be tough, maybe we could start off with something less expensive and sell fewer tickets? And we could start whenever, wait until fall, and still raffle off the donations. I was just thinking we could get high end equipment for raffles, I doubt people donate new radions, trigger systems sumps, or things like that.

Maybe we could talk at the next meeting? I wouldn't mind doing the leg work.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my thinking. Leave it open to everyone and sell tickets on Facebook or whatever. 50 tickets might be tough, maybe we could start off with something less expensive and sell fewer tickets? And we could start whenever, wait until fall, and still raffle off the donations. I was just thinking we could get high end equipment for raffles, I doubt people donate new radions, trigger systems sumps, or things like that.

Maybe we could talk at the next meeting? I wouldn't mind doing the leg work.

Sure, talk to me at the picnic, I am certainly always open to any ideas. This club is about what the general membership body wants to see happen. I'm just a figure head, if you guys all want to see something happen you have the power to make it happen.

OP
OP
Wieloch89

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, talk to me at the picnic, I am certainly always open to any ideas. This club is about what the general membership body wants to see happen. I'm just a figure head, if you guys all want to see something happen you have the power to make it happen.
Good deal, we'll toss around options for raffling off the equipment, what equipment, and a time frame.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back