Clubs near Palm Springs?

DiverGirl82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm a newbie to the hobby and was just wondering if there are any clubs near the Palm Springs area? I actually live out in 29 Palms but I highly doubt there's a club out here because there's pretty much nothing out here. :)

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into IEMAS. they may be the closest to you but they meet in Ontario. Although you can also consider SCMAS as they even have members that drive from as far as San Diego to come to monthly meetings.

OP
OP
DiverGirl82

DiverGirl82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I wish I could go to the one in San Diego. I love San Diego but that's a bit far for me for a club meeting. But I do like to go over to San Diego a few times a year for little mini vacations and just stay for a few days. Maybe now I can just plan my mini vacations around club meeting dates.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I wish I could go to the one in San Diego. I love San Diego but that's a bit far for me for a club meeting. But I do like to go over to San Diego a few times a year for little mini vacations and just stay for a few days. Maybe now I can just plan my mini vacations around club meeting dates.
No, SCMAS meets in Orange County. Santa Ana to be exact. We have members from all over Southern California that regularly come to the meetings. The our members from San Diego dive 120 miles each month and don't even go to the local San Diego club meeting. They feel it's worth it.
More info here: http://www.officialscmas.org/

brianguz760

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm a newbie to the hobby and was just wondering if there are any clubs near the Palm Springs area? I actually live out in 29 Palms but I highly doubt there's a club out here because there's pretty much nothing out here. :)
Im over in Desert hot springs next city over from Palm Springs. Ive also been looking for one

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always start your own!

OP
OP
DiverGirl82

DiverGirl82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium Odyssey in Palm Desert hosts meetings every other week. I live in San Diego now but used to live in the Desert

Good to know. I stopped in there once to check out their stock. That drive is definitely doable. Thanks

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been to Odyssey for a few months, but never knew they did that. I recall a company coming once (Red Sea I think it was), but that is it.

Tom Davey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are very knowledgeable . And if you are looking for something they don't have they will get it for you.

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are very knowledgeable . And if you are looking for something they don't have they will get it for you.
Yes...very nice and one of the more knowledgable LFS. All of the stores here are so overpriced though. I get my fish in Orange County but will look into their meetings.

xPhilx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever find anything out? I'm in Palm Springs too. I was just looking for a club here. So far Zen Aquatics in Palm Desert is my favorite shop. They have a great selection of corals there and JP is super helpful and knowledgeable.

If you haven't already, lets start one.

Phil

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 122 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back