CO2 Scrubber and Avast marine neck cleaner

Biglex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to finally get around and install my avast marine neck cleaner and co2 scrubber. my ph has been 7.8 to about 8.08 and trying to get it higher. i do run a geo 510 calcium reactor and 410 secondary chamber. so that may affect ph but not to sure on how much it will drop. And the neck cleaner to help keep clean and possibly improve skimming performance.
as about a week in and my ph is at 8.06-8.36

First i got my neck cleaner
IMG_9595.JPG

i removed the squeegee three screws that hold the motor to the lid and the three brackets that hold the lid to the collection cup. So now you only have the lid on its own.
IMG_9599.JPG

We now need to make a hole to install a nozzle
IMG_9598.JPG

I used a steper dill bit to make one of the holes a little larger. just enough so i can run a tap
IMG_9600.JPG

Since i didn't have a tap the correct size i used a bolt with same tread made a slit and used that. its a diy tread chaser hack
IMG_9601.JPG

Run the tap all the way threw
IMG_9602.JPG

Add some sealant to plumbers tape to help create a good seal
IMG_9607.JPG

Now i tapped up the extra holes and filled with so E6000 so its nice and sealed up
IMG_5465.JPG

Now i filled my two little fishy phosband reactor and filled up with co2 scrubber media from BRS
IMG_0900.JPG

My avast marine on the nyos 160 cap
IMG_0171.JPG

Everything finally hooked up and programed threw apex.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Nice mod. I have the same skimmer and Avast make some quality stuff. Be interested in how clean it keeps the neck long term

notclear

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to finally get around and install my avast marine neck cleaner and co2 scrubber. my ph has been 7.8 to about 8.08 and trying to get it higher. i do run a geo 510 calcium reactor and 410 secondary chamber. so that may affect ph but not to sure on how much it will drop. And the neck cleaner to help keep clean and possibly improve skimming performance.
as about a week in and my ph is at 8.06-8.36

First i got my neck cleaner
IMG_9595.JPG

i removed the squeegee three screws that hold the motor to the lid and the three brackets that hold the lid to the collection cup. So now you only have the lid on its own.
IMG_9599.JPG

We now need to make a hole to install a nozzle
IMG_9598.JPG

I used a steper dill bit to make one of the holes a little larger. just enough so i can run a tap
IMG_9600.JPG

Since i didn't have a tap the correct size i used a bolt with same tread made a slit and used that. its a diy tread chaser hack
IMG_9601.JPG

Run the tap all the way threw
IMG_9602.JPG

Add some sealant to plumbers tape to help create a good seal
IMG_9607.JPG

Now i tapped up the extra holes and filled with so E6000 so its nice and sealed up
IMG_5465.JPG

Now i filled my two little fishy phosband reactor and filled up with co2 scrubber media from BRS
IMG_0900.JPG

My avast marine on the nyos 160 cap
IMG_0171.JPG

Everything finally hooked up and programed threw apex.
How can you control through Apex as you haven’t mentioned any solenoid used? Or you just control the on and off of the skimmer?

Back