CO2 scrubber for Redsea E260

Ram400

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am new to the reefing hobby. Started E260 reef tank last December.

I would like to know how to setup a CO2 scrubber for the E260 reeftank? I am unable to find any videos/info specifically for E260.

I do not have a sump! (Protein skimmer is at the back of the tank).

Can anybody provide some suggestions/help here?

Casper12065

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need a sump for a CO2 scrubber and any general instructions for setting up a scrubber should work for your tank. it just hooks up to the air intake on the protein skimmer's venturi valve. Check out some of these:

The medium changes color as it is being used up. There are also some DIY options out there if you google.

OP
OP
R

Ram400

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Casper12065 ,

Thank you very much for quick reply.

So there are two valves. One inlet and one outlet. So if one of them goes to the protein skimmers venturi valve, where does the other one go?

Thanks!

Casper12065

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you mean two valve on the c02 scrubber, correct? One connects to protein skimmer venturi valve. One does not connect to anything, it just sucks air from the room, through the scrubber, into the skimmer venturi valve and then into the skimmer/tank. Let me know if that doesn't answer your question.

AirIck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question regarding this hoping to get some help/advice. I have the same protein skimmer (the AIO one and not sump). I have the CO2 scrubber from BRS with 3/8” tubing. The tubing is too big for the Venturi on the Red Sea protein skimmer. It does fit over the silencer, but the instructions say to not use the silencer.

is there any advice on how I can make the tubing fit on the Venturi?

I have it over the silencer now but I’m thinking that doesn’t help as air goes through the other white piece and not the cap of the silencer?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back