CO2 Scrubber on Red Sea RSK Skimmer

Michael Hull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been obsessed with the metrics on my newly installed APEX, and was experiencing 7.7 to 7.8 to 7.9 PH levels and wanted to get up in the 8's. Installed a scrubber last night and CHECK IT OUT! Need some help with APEX programming though. I want the skimmer to run at all times unless the pH is over 8..what? 8.25? Thanks! The jump this morning was from an addition of eight.four, but it spiked the probe cus it went in the sump right near the probe...
Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 1.15.50 PM.png

Mike

Dkeller_nc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. You'll want to run the skimmer 24/7. Otherwise, and depending on how the rest of your tank is setup, you might negatively affect the oxygen concentration in the water, which would be of much greater concern than the minimum pH in your graph.

The way those with an Apex typically do this is to run a 3-way valve on the skimmer air intake such that when the pH drops below a certain value, the valve activates and the skimmer draws air in through the CO2 scrubber media. When the pH increases above a certain value, the valve deactivates and the skimmer pulls in room air. Obviously, you want there to be some difference between the "on" value and the "off" value to keep the valve from continuously cycling.

Juniorh2r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post pics of your co2 scrubber hooked up to your red sea skimmer please? Thank you

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back