Co2 scrubber option for biocube 32?

Stv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t seem to find a good option to adapt a co2 scrubber to the stock biocube 32 V-2 skimmer? I have a lot of coral and struggle with my ph. 7.8 and 9-10 KH so I can’t buffer the tank. Co2 scrubber seems the only option but I can’t find any info or diy on a set up. Is there a set up for sale or is adding a line to fresh air from the scrubber the only option. HELP!!! . Thanks. I’ve tried opening windows etc. never changes. Want to add a scrubber but can’t find any option to buy that will work with my current set up. Where’s my McGyvers???

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change locks on all the doors and lock all humans expelling CO2 from their breathes from the premises except for you

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your skimmer have a 1/4" port to draw air into? If so, you can draw outside air by running 1/4" tubing outside. That's what I've done. My pH tops out at 8.3

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of my nano sump.
The orange line was attatched to a plastic bottle and hung from the side. I filled it with co2 media and it kept my tank above a ph of 8.
I thought I had a pic of it but I mist have deleted it. The media lasted a week before it turned all purple.
It worked well on the 25.
20181101_183436.jpg

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t seem to find a good option to adapt a co2 scrubber to the stock biocube 32 V-2 skimmer? I have a lot of coral and struggle with my ph. 7.8 and 9-10 KH so I can’t buffer the tank. Co2 scrubber seems the only option but I can’t find any info or diy on a set up. Is there a set up for sale or is adding a line to fresh air from the scrubber the only option. HELP!!! . Thanks. I’ve tried opening windows etc. never changes. Want to add a scrubber but can’t find any option to buy that will work with my current set up. Where’s my McGyvers???
I found the pic, lol. Simple and easy to put together.
20181216_103458.jpg

OP
OP
S

Stv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your skimmer have a 1/4" port to draw air into? If so, you can draw outside air by running 1/4" tubing outside. That's what I've done. My pH tops out at 8.3
I’m going to look into it and if not figure out a way to do it. I removed my lid and added an AI Prime light hoping to help with air intake but it made no difference other than the coral obviously love the upgrade.

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh!!! Can you explain it?
Sure. Its a plastic tea bottle.
I drilled holes in the bottom. Then I put a black sponge in and filled it with the scrubber media.
I drilled a hole in the top put another black sponge on top.
In the hole I put a 90° plastic fitting and attatched the air line to the scrubber to it. Thats it.
The media turns color when exhausted. Just make sure the media stays out of the water.
Its the same principle that all co2 scrubber are based on.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back