Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Heater

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I was doing the same when setting up my 90gal. It’s a true premium compared to other heaters, it’s a shame this issue is still happening. I went with a finnex titanium with no temp control, one less thing to go wrong. Connected to an industrial temp controller, a Ranco, super reliable, it’s what food/beverage production uses for temp control, as well as public aquariums. It’s like an ink bird on steroids that will never break.

That's an interesting setup. Robust as hell.. lol. I was actually fooling with the opposite idea. I've been keeping a heater with its own thermostat and trying to tune it to hold at about 78.7. I then set my inkbird to hold 79, start cooling at 80, and alarm at 81 (or 77). The idea being to let the heater's on/off relay do all the switching and let the temp controller basically chill in the "heat on" position. I never could get it dialed in as perfectly as I'd like though and would often hit 79 and have to swing all the way back to 78 before the heat would come on again. Hoping my issues were cuz the heater was actively failing. Any redundancy that prevents a failure in "heat on" is what I really care about.

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last one was a complete dud. The thermostat was off by 2-4 degrees at best and the 75 watt heater got hot enough to melt completely through my mixing buckets.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was the exploding issues only on the higher wattage models? I was thinking it was a 300W issue but I may be wrong.
I’ve heard confirmed stories with the 150,200, and 300 watt neotherms

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back