OP
OP
Hella_Reef

Hella_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tunze did the same took 3 weeks to break in hopefully u have better luck then I did love the tank tho
Thanks for the heads up. That's alright, I'm gunna wait longer than 3 weeks before I put anything in the system. At this point it is just micro scrubbing nothing haha.

OP
OP
Hella_Reef

Hella_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say I'm at about 25 on the no3 scale today.
65cf01312dd05ba288e9b7cc2d2bbdbd.jpg

SicZ06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep up the great work, the same take went up for sale by me on CL. If I can get a great deal ill be doing the same thing!

OP
OP
Hella_Reef

Hella_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are jebao cp 40's. They were from my old system, sps should be happy. Flow is the least of my concern in this tank haha.

I plan on making a mesh top lid from brs once I start getting livestock. I plan on having some wrasses and maybe fire fish so a lid is definitely a must have.

OP
OP
Hella_Reef

Hella_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep up the great work, the same take went up for sale by me on CL. If I can get a great deal ill be doing the same thing!
I like the overall dimensions and bigger back sump on this aio. Would def reccomend it to anyone wanting a 40 breeder or a innovative marine system.

Nick blinkin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your not in love with the whole ceiling hang i used some angle brackets from Home Depot used for closets. Works well, and if you get the decorative ones a simple Paint job and they look better.

OP
OP
Hella_Reef

Hella_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your not in love with the whole ceiling hang i used some angle brackets from Home Depot used for closets. Works well, and if you get the decorative ones a simple Paint job and they look better.
Yeah I've been debating on making some brackets out of 1"conduit. Mount it to the back of the stand and bend them over. Vise grip the ends flat, drill pilot holes and use self tappers into the revives casing. Or getting thinner line to hang them from, Chains are too bulky for me. Orrrrrrrrrrrr find long enough brackets to mount to the wall haha.

But I'm in no rush, just another item on the to do list.

Nick blinkin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I've been debating on making some brackets out of 1"conduit. Mount it to the back of the stand and bend them over. Vise grip the ends flat, drill pilot holes and use self tappers into the revives casing. Or getting thinner line to hang them from, Chains are too bulky for me. Orrrrrrrrrrrr find long enough brackets to mount to the wall haha.

But I'm in no rush, just another item on the to do list.
Yea i needed mine to sit 22” away from the wall, so i had to use an aluminum rod to attach. It’s good but not great lol

OP
OP
Hella_Reef

Hella_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cvue aren’t that cheap, love mine. Got the cvue 45 cube
No, but sometimes you can get lucky. I got mine for 200$ still In the box unused off of craigslist. I made the stand 2 years ago for another tank and was lucky it fit this one too.

The tank and stand new is 587$ for the cvue 40

Nick blinkin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, but sometimes you can get lucky. I got mine for 200$ still In the box unused off of craigslist. I made the stand 2 years ago for another tank and was lucky it fit this one too.

The tank and stand new is 587$ for the cvue 40
dang that’s a score! Yea i built my stand, but the tank wasn’t cheap new, but i get love from the shop on coral so I’m happy.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back