OP
OP
S

salty01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems that your main limitations are space and time. How about packing the small chamber in the bottom with a media that has the largest surface area/volume for long-term bacterial colonization. How much flow is in there? Might be just right to allow for both nitrification and denitrification, if you get lucky :) If really slow, a small pump in there should help.

In the short term, attach a container of some sort with a good amount of live rock to process ammonia, etc.). Over time, you can slowly remove the live rock and let the media take over nitrification duties. Denitrification
Do you think media reactors could do that Exact thing at Controlled flow? I already bought them getting ready to install till I get the right pumps and Color match plumbing but I can back out if Science is going to be against me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 31

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think media reactors could do that Exact thing at Controlled flow? I already bought them getting ready to install till I get the right pumps and Color match plumbing but I can back out if Science is going to be against me

In that case, maybe find someone who would be willing to part with some (or all, if they are shutting down a system) of their already established media. Alternatively, you could use the fresh media and add some of the 'bottle bac' products to try and establish a large community of nitrifying bacteria as quickly as possible.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back