Colorado Sunburst Anemone Lineage

Justen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone explain the differences between the lineages for sunburst anemones? Like Sang Lee and Elite reef. As well, what makes a Colorado sunburst anemone a true one, and how can you tell that it is. Thanks

bacc2bacc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
I don't know too much but I'll share what I do know.

Elite reef in Denver, CO was one of the first to acquire the OG colorado sunburst nem, so people who have gotten strains from this particular store, calls them Elite Reef lineage or ER. I think the original owner of the colorado sunburst was Keys Island aquariums also located in colorado, they also call this lineage KI aka Keys Island. When they say Sang Lee, I believe they are saying they got their original nem from Sang Lee who got his nem from the orginal KI. Pretty sure Ki and ER lineage CSB are the same, someone can chime in who knows more.

As for being able to tell them apart, one big telling sign is the marbeled foot. in the foot you should see some white streaking aka marbeling. ALL csb have this trait. as for the tips, purple or pink tips are a dead giveaway of it NOT being a true colorado sunburst. I have seen them have a single dark purple dot on the end of each tip but the tip itself is never purple/pink colored/hued if its a true CSB.

there are lots of vendors and lfs out there selling fake sunbursts. so be weary when purchasing. its best to find a reputable seller here on r2r who have made many sales with legit nems, and also always pay through paypal GOODS & SERVICES to avoid scams. someone on here recently purchased a csb from another member and was sent a fake sunburst aka a wild/rainbow nem in place of the nem. if you need help locating one, please pm me, i would be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was doing some research and found this old thread. Nice breakdown. I wonder how Gonzo's CSB line fits in?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd rather pay less for a knock off lol

707Nick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know too much but I'll share what I do know.

Elite reef in Denver, CO was one of the first to acquire the OG colorado sunburst nem, so people who have gotten strains from this particular store, calls them Elite Reef lineage or ER. I think the original owner of the colorado sunburst was Keys Island aquariums also located in colorado, they also call this lineage KI aka Keys Island. When they say Sang Lee, I believe they are saying they got their original nem from Sang Lee who got his nem from the orginal KI. Pretty sure Ki and ER lineage CSB are the same, someone can chime in who knows more.

As for being able to tell them apart, one big telling sign is the marbeled foot. in the foot you should see some white streaking aka marbeling. ALL csb have this trait. as for the tips, purple or pink tips are a dead giveaway of it NOT being a true colorado sunburst. I have seen them have a single dark purple dot on the end of each tip but the tip itself is never purple/pink colored/hued if its a true CSB.

there are lots of vendors and lfs out there selling fake sunbursts. so be weary when purchasing. its best to find a reputable seller here on r2r who have made many sales with legit nems, and also always pay through paypal GOODS & SERVICES to avoid scams. someone on here recently purchased a csb from another member and was sent a fake sunburst aka a wild/rainbow nem in place of the nem. if you need help locating one, please pm me, i would be more than happy to point you in the right direction.
5A8F47CD-CB2E-4909-94DC-6D17E4C6C903.jpeg

707Nick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think you can help me identify this nem? It’s super orange and has the marbled foot. It multiplies like crazy do you have a suggestion as to what you think the value may be? Thank you so much

Attachments

• 3A234846-7F25-4BB7-AFEE-4921DB5DD987.jpeg
    3A234846-7F25-4BB7-AFEE-4921DB5DD987.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 124

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think you can help me identify this nem? It’s super orange and has the marbled foot. It multiplies like crazy do you have a suggestion as to what you think the value may be? Thank you so much
Looks like a pretty standard BTA to me.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Most of the nems I see posted as some special amazing never seen before nem are really just rainbows.

707Nick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Most of the nems I see posted as some special amazing never seen before nem are really just rainbows.
Thank you both. Pick doesn’t really do justice. Here’s a pic of the tank

Attachments

• FA276038-440F-4C80-A113-FE87F12E8B91.jpeg
    FA276038-440F-4C80-A113-FE87F12E8B91.jpeg
    346.1 KB · Views: 110

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back