Combine Tropic Marin A or K into Mg?

jtichenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently dosing a fixed amount of Kalk as well as 3 part (Alk, Ca, Mg). According to my ICP tests, I need to add some trace elements. I already have some TM A & K from mixing my own All-for-Reef last year. Unfortunately, I am out of dosing heads. Can I combine TM K and/or A to the Ca and/or Mg solution?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently dosing a fixed amount of Kalk as well as 3 part (Alk, Ca, Mg). According to my ICP tests, I need to add some trace elements. I already have some TM A & K from mixing my own All-for-Reef last year. Unfortunately, I am out of dosing heads. Can I combine TM K and/or A to the Ca and/or Mg solution?
Isnt that what the directions say to do? K goes in calcium and A goes in alk…

OP
OP
jtichenor

jtichenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isnt that what the directions say to do? K goes in calcium and A goes in alk…
The directions didn't say (on the bottle or on the website or on BRS). However, I did see this stated on the balling method directions (part C, A, K) and you are correct! Thank you.

(and I see Mr. Balling himself confirmed your post - very cool)

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The directions didn't say (on the bottle or on the website or on BRS). However, I did see this stated on the balling method directions (part C, A, K) and you are correct! Thank you.

(and I see Mr. Balling himself confirmed your post - very cool
I found it here

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just curious here as I’m not a chemist.

For the BRS balling method, are K and A trace elements explicitly required to be combined with their assigned additives? As in Soda Ash / A- and Calcium Chloride / K+, can they be flipped?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious here as I’m not a chemist.

For the BRS balling method, are K and A trace elements explicitly required to be combined with their assigned additives? As in Soda Ash / A- and Calcium Chloride / K+, can they be flipped?

I wouldn't. I cannot be sure of the forms they add, but something like iron is not going to be very soluble in an alk additive.

Back