Come on in and say hello, looking for people who are in the NW Washinton area.

jdpeters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys im from eatonville washington myself. got a 6 month old 20 gallon mixed reef myself. nothing to exciting. not going to overly stock it because i do intend on upgrading in the future. just trying to maintain and have the corals thrive in the meantime.

ScubaSteve-21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, new to this forum here...my name is Steve. I'm in Covington/maple valley area

MAN-O-WAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets get this kicked off and do some intro's!

I'm Chris, and I live in Port Angeles WA.

I've been in the hobby for approx 20 years now.

I have a 120g full mixed reef display. For more info on my reef you can click on my tank thread in my signature.

I'm looking forward to meeting new local reefers and maybe doing some frag swapping and DIY stuff.
What up Chris, nice to meet u!

Qh2214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm Quin I live in the Renton/Kent area! I've got a 20gL mixed reef that I'm moving into a 55g, which I'm pretty excited about! Drilling the 55 today.
Here's some pictures of my tank.
Corals: frogspawn, torch, BTA, 2 birds nests sps, green star polyp, hairy mushroom, an acan (can't remember what it's called), and can't remember what the last coral is called at all.
Live stock wise: 2 clowns, blue mandarin, blue damsel
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1446485753.259660.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1446485632.380132.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1446485643.460600.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1446485653.350629.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1446485661.909220.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1446485670.718889.jpg

MAN-O-WAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
Hi everyone,

I'm Katrina. I also live in Port Angeles, WA I have been reefing for about 2 years now, mostly a nano reefer with tanks from 10-50 gallons. I am always changing my tank and just recently started my new 46 gallon bowfront. I set it up last weekend so I will be starting a build thread soon. I am looking to buy dry rock and some SPS soon. if anyone wants to do an order let me know.
I worked in a saltwater store about 15 years ago in Vancouver,WA when the bow front first came out! I'm from the Nuclear Sea Apple if you get my drift! Have a 65 gal 100% pure glass...

Qh2214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that aquascape! How many pounds of rock would you guess you used?

MAN-O-WAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that aquascape! How many pounds of rock would you guess you used?
I used 65lbs of mostly Tonga, and just a touch of Fiji! Thank you for the compliment! Help me out and let me k ow what u think about this idea I have! I want to go go diagnolly from the left corner and go back with the landscape going higher and higher to the back corner! So it looks like a MT! With a little Island in the front corner with just a lonely Australian Sea Apple! So it's not bothered and it represents Australia and also the greatest state of them all WA! What do u think?! Let me know...

Qh2214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used 65lbs of mostly Tonga, and just a touch of Fiji! Thank you for the compliment! Help me out and let me k ow what u think about this idea I have! I want to go go diagnolly from the left corner and go back with the landscape going higher and higher to the back corner! So it looks like a MT! With a little Island in the front corner with just a lonely Australian Sea Apple! So it's not bothered and it represents Australia and also the greatest state of them all WA! What do u think?! Let me know...

I think that would look awesome. Love the mountain look idea! Hopefully you can find enough spots on the mountain to throw some coral! That'd be my only worry not have enough spots. It'd be cool if you had that in a nano with green star polyp to represent trees then some sort of white coral represent mountain tops haha. Just what your idea made me think of

MAN-O-WAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a cool idea! The irony is I live on the east side, lol! We all know it's desert! I think I can build it up where I can put some good healthy corals! I like your idea in regards to Evergreen and white tops! I'll send u some pics and let me know if u think I can do it? I like my lonely island idea... The sea Apple moves though:( image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Qh2214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha yeah pretty bare on that side of the state! Ya I think its definitely do-able, maybe get some base rock that is angled out so it's not in the shadow of the "mountain" and you can even put some coral that need lower lighting down there. That'd be a fun project I may try it if I find some time to devote to it!

MAN-O-WAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with you! I'm going to go get more Fiji and Tonga tomorrow. The R2R team was telling me to glue and rod the rock. I build it naturally, I like it that way!

elfda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! My name is Elspeth (friends call me Elf; feel free)

I work at the Redmond PetCo and live in Everett~

I don't have a tank of my own, but am dedicated to learning all I can to keep my store animals healthy, and being able to give accurate advice to my customers. [emoji178]

I'm also starting a small business, with my best friend, called Hard To Find Feeders!

I'm thinking of trying my hand at breeding copepods, brine shrimp, various macroalgaes, and some larger feeder inverts (looking for suggestions on that one).

Pleased to meetcha! [emoji445]

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back