Coming back to The Marine World - Which tank to buy??

Sh8dy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I kept marines about 12 years ago but because of work (Navy) couldn’t spend the time/attention on the tank so, difficultly, got rid of it.
Looking through the forums and websites, it looks like this hobby has changed a lot!! Technologies seem to have advanced a bunch! To be expected!!

So… I’m due to leave the Navy in a few months and am starting research in to starting up again!
The wife has ‘allowed’ me a hefty budget from my gratuity, so I’m not looking at what aquarium and where to put it.
The best place for it is in the corner of my living room (temperature, ambient light and power sockets). The problem I have is I think I need to have a corner aquarium (the triangular one with a curved front), but I want a sump, with a Refugium!
Anyone got any advice on a decent corner aquarium, with sump?

majesticbigmac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your service Shady, first of all there are many options due to the large advancement in Reef technology. If this all fits into your budget, I would recommend a Red Sea 170/250. These supply a large space to have many fish, along with a variety of coral, and a sump, however this would mean one side would be facing a wall. If you were sure of having a corner tank, I recommend any Juwel corner tank, or have one custom built. Good luck with your build, please keep us updated with your progress.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%

Back