ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score

saf1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Was hoping kessil would release new lights to compete with EcoTech. Now to wait and see the pricing...
The a360x will hold its own and it isn't that old. Not sure a refresh in the product line at least for this is necessary right now. I'm sure we will see some G5 XR15's vs. a360x's soon but as a a360x owner I have both pro and blue in a single unit. Controller or wifi dongle unlocks violet, lime, and reds not to mention great form factor.

At the end of the day most any light be it over the counter or DIY will work if properly spaced and hight adjusted for the application. As corals grow you may have to revisit additional lights or better fragging and trimming of corals.

wrasse man

View Badges
Reaction score
Apex support?
Not going to lie when I first clicked on the thread I thought it said coming to Apex...lol. What a dork. Still a nice unit :)
Just basing my opinion on the “ap9x” model name, (cute play on spelling) is that it will be apex compatible/ready. I also have a feeling that 360x will also, and the dongle will have something to do with it being that apex and the dongle are WiFi or a micro usb for a corded option.

I bet Neptune and Kessil came together since ecotech went their own route. Just an opinion, but it makes business sense if that’s the case.

Let the Coral War begin, this will get interesting and drive innovation.

saf1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Just basing my opinion on the “ap9x” model name, (cute play on spelling) is that it will be apex compatible/ready. I also have a feeling that 360x will also, and the dongle will have something to do with it being that apex and the dongle are WiFi or a micro usb for a corded option.

I bet Neptune and Kessil came together since ecotech went their own route. Just an opinion, but it makes business sense if that’s the case.

Let the Coral War begin, this will get interesting and drive innovation.

Interesting take. I think it could work and both are reputable companies in our hobby. My only question is how does SKY fit into this. Not sure if you caught the live stream on Feb 20th by Neptune someone found a trademark registered to Neptune. SKY. Lighting related. They fessed up, said yes, and said nothing else. Nothing, no dates, no info, no leaks, nothing. Just yes, it is a true trademark or whatever to the person who found it.

wrasse man

View Badges
Reaction score
Interesting take. I think it could work and both are reputable companies in our hobby. My only question is how does SKY fit into this. Not sure if you caught the live stream on Feb 20th by Neptune someone found a trademark registered to Neptune. SKY. Lighting related. They fessed up, said yes, and said nothing else. Nothing, no dates, no info, no leaks, nothing. Just yes, it is a true trademark or whatever to the person who found it.
I bet sky is the component/module for the the comm link between apex and a lighting manufacturer. I say manufacturer because it may work with other lights or it’s exclusive to Kessil. Just a guess.

saf1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I bet sky is the component/module for the the comm link between apex and a lighting manufacturer. I say manufacturer because it may work with other lights or it’s exclusive to Kessil. Just a guess.
Nice guess never the less, right?

Woud you rather start a tank with dry rock or live rock from the ocean?

• Dry Rock

Votes: 175 40.9%
  • Live Rock

Votes: 145 33.9%
  • Combo of both

Votes: 99 23.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 2.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors