Billldg

Going off the reef end!!!
View Badges
Reaction score

Greybeard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The more detailed video shows 0-10vdc input... easy enough to plug that into an Apex. Also shows a KLink, in case you have one of their spectral controllers that you don't want to retire.

I've got a pair of AP700's... nice to know the form isn't going away anytime soon. The new look is nice, but my AP700's are mounted in a hybrid T5 unit... you can't really see them anyway.

Here's hoping they do a better job on the wifi app than the AP700's did. I gave up... mine are in manual mode, just getting turned on and off from my Apex. Got tired of re-configuring lights ever time we had a power failure.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
The more detailed video shows 0-10vdc input... easy enough to plug that into an Apex. Also shows a KLink, in case you have one of their spectral controllers that you don't want to retire.

I've got a pair of AP700's... nice to know the form isn't going away anytime soon. The new look is nice, but my AP700's are mounted in a hybrid T5 unit... you can't really see them anyway.

Here's hoping they do a better job on the wifi app than the AP700's did. I gave up... mine are in manual mode, just getting turned on and off from my Apex. Got tired of re-configuring lights ever time we had a power failure.
The spectral controller would be nice.

OP
Kessil

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
To answer a few questions:
  • The AP9X will be available for sale in about a month
  • Expect more specs in the coming weeks
  • The AP9X will be Spectral Controller Compatible if you don't want to use WiFI
  • New and improved WiFI
  • K-Link and Daisy-chaining ability
More information to come

d3vhound

View Badges
Reaction score
  • New and improved WiFI
More information to come
I guess I start my build in a month then ;)

ReefAddiction34

View Badges
Reaction score
  • New and improved WiFI
More information to come
Price range?

Sisterlimonpot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I bet sky is the component/module for the the comm link between apex and a lighting manufacturer. I say manufacturer because it may work with other lights or it’s exclusive to Kessil. Just a guess.
Sky is going to be the new Neptune light, modeled after Phillip's. It was in Neptune's live stream following the article about "stumbling" across sky trademark.

Silent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  • New and improved WiFI
More information to come
Don't need a test tank do ya? lol

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Spread is 48" L x 24" W or 24" Lx 48" W as the light can be rotated on the Single arm mount so it can be either parallel or perpendicular with the tank.
Thank you

I'm asking for the dimensions of the fixture.

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
I'll wait for the Solartronic when that comes out this year and will communicate with the Mastertronic which should be out soonish the intensity of the leds can be increased or decreased depending on the results of the Mastertronic which will also communicate with the Powertronic (again due to be released) and this will change the time your refugium light is on etc depending on what the results of the nitrate and phosphate tests are and these results will be exact i.e. 4.59 not somewhere between 0 and 5.
Solartronic has twin two way rotating led clusters so it will rotate left and right as well as forwards and backwards. It also has led bars along its length. All the Xxxxxtronic family will be operating from one app which will have a dashboard showing results and then you can drill down on any of the results. I can't wait for them coming out roll on Focustronic.

Woud you rather start a tank with dry rock or live rock from the ocean?

• Dry Rock

Votes: 172 40.5%
  • Live Rock

Votes: 145 34.1%
  • Combo of both

Votes: 99 23.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 2.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors