COMING SOON THE AP9X!!!

saf1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Removing Apex support (0-10v) and switching to proprietary "k-link" was not a smart business move.
Welcome to the world of no standards, closed systems, and everybody wanting their own dongle, do-hicky, app, or controller. This isn't unique to Kessil not that I'm playing sides.

I'll be honest here if I was in charge I would play nice with controllers mainly to reduce RnD costs and direct that money elsewhere. While I am being honest I'm not in charge so it isn't my call or anyone else here on this board for that matter.

If it is a deal breaker for you then we are looking at legacy lighting or DIY. Both will grow corals perfectly fine. Again, just wanted to point out this isn't unique to the lads and lasses at Kessile. It is getting worse across all manufactures in our hobby which is a sad state of affairs.

EJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of no standards, closed systems, and everybody wanting their own dongle, do-hicky, app, or controller. This isn't unique to Kessil not that I'm playing sides.

I'll be honest here if I was in charge I would play nice with controllers mainly to reduce RnD costs and direct that money elsewhere. While I am being honest I'm not in charge so it isn't my call or anyone else here on this board for that matter.

If it is a deal breaker for you then we are looking at legacy lighting or DIY. Both will grow corals perfectly fine. Again, just wanted to point out this isn't unique to the lads and lasses at Kessile. It is getting worse across all manufactures in our hobby which is a sad state of affairs.
I have A360s and AP700s. The AP700's software is god awful and they take years to release new firmware to fix simple issues such as flashing during the off period of the lighting schedule. Kessil should just stick to what they do well instead of forcing us to use their crap software.

Last edited:

Bobcantbuild

View Badges
Reaction score
How about they fix the ap700 all ready and not make new lights, wasted so much on there gear over the years including a few h1200’s (still have a led cluster out on one) and don’t trust them after the ap700’s and almost nonexistent updates and service

OP
Kessil

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
There are
Removing Apex support (0-10v) and switching to proprietary "k-link" was not a smart business move.
There are two 0-10V ports as well as two K-Link ports. This light is also backwards compatible with all Kessil units to act as a WiFi hub...

OP
Kessil

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
The reason for the switch from 0-10V analog signal to K-Link digital signal is the ability to transmit more information giving the ability for us to add RGV chips, lunar modes, smoother transitions.

We are also currently working with Neptune on Apex Support.

EJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
The reason for the switch from 0-10V analog signal to K-Link digital signal is the ability to transmit more information giving the ability for us to add RGV chips, lunar modes, smoother transitions.

That's nice but it isn't the case with the AP700 AND A360X.

OP
Kessil

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
That's nice but it isn't the case with the AP700 AND A360X.
Apex support will work for the A360X through the WiFi Dongle as well. We cannot add Apex Support to the AP700 due to the hardware restrictions.

saf1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I know everyone wants their own app or controller. Totally respect that. However, I wanted to say thank you for this sentence. I also believe it is important to support other ecosystems provided the two companies can do so without major overhaul / change.

Probably doesn't matter but I'm glad you are working on it and think it is a great fit between you two. Not sure if this is related to sky but one could hope. In any case while I do not own a 700 or looking at the ap9x I am a satisfied a360x owner. I like what Kessil does has a company and as a reef lighting manufacture. So again, thanks.

OP
Kessil

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
@Kessil are there more details to share with us while we’re staying safe at home?
Not at the moment but despite the quarantine, AP9X is still set to be released next month! I will share more with this thread as soon as I am able to share all the juicy details. Hope everyone is staying safe out there!

ReeferRy

View Badges
Reaction score
Not at the moment but despite the quarantine, AP9X is still set to be released next month! I will share more with this thread as soon as I am able to share all the juicy details. Hope everyone is staying safe out there!
You guys should just release early so we all have something to play with while we are stuck at home!

Woud you rather start a tank with dry rock or live rock from the ocean?

• Dry Rock

Votes: 168 40.4%
  • Live Rock

Votes: 140 33.7%
  • Combo of both

Votes: 99 23.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 2.2%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors