COMING SOON THE AP9X!!!

OP
Kessil

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
I know you have been wanting an update. We do not have an official release date due to current events! With things changing so rapidly during this pandemic we do not want to promise an exact date and not be able to deliver. Just know we are working as hard as we can to get the unit out ASAP. Despite this, we do not want to rush anything and want the unit to be working perfectly. If any delays do occur it will be minimal.

Lupusoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Any news/update on when AP9X will become available? Will it be released in the UK at the same time?
Thanks

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am in the market for a new LED for my new reefer 250. I was looking at 2 360x but I might pick this up. What a good way to burn my stimulus check.

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
The more detailed video shows 0-10vdc input... easy enough to plug that into an Apex. Also shows a KLink, in case you have one of their spectral controllers that you don't want to retire.

I've got a pair of AP700's... nice to know the form isn't going away anytime soon. The new look is nice, but my AP700's are mounted in a hybrid T5 unit... you can't really see them anyway.

Here's hoping they do a better job on the wifi app than the AP700's did. I gave up... mine are in manual mode, just getting turned on and off from my Apex. Got tired of re-configuring lights ever time we had a power failure.
are yours connected via WiFi (through your in home network) or connected via the Wifi signal put out by the AP700 themselves? I use the latter and never have lost my settings. Might want to check with Kessil to be certain, but if I kept losing my settings I would have gone manual as well. The dawn to dusk cycle and red moonlight is what I love most about them. A bit of work to program the settings but once it's set you never have to worry about it again (if you can figure out why exactly you are losing your settings during power failures). Ask for Franco, he's awesome.

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
I have A360s and AP700s. The AP700's software is god awful and they take years to release new firmware to fix simple issues such as flashing during the off period of the lighting schedule. Kessil should just stick to what they do well instead of forcing us to use their crap software.
I have 5 AP700s and haven't had any issues to speak of. Firmware was a little clunky to upload but it addressed any issues I was aware of ages ago.

Tobe71

View Badges
Reaction score
Will this new fixture fit in an aquatic life hybrid like the AP700s?
I'd reach out to Aquatic Life, I'm guessing they have an adapter bracket in the works at least, if they got the dimensions or an actual unit from Kessil to test for fit.

wrasse man

View Badges
Reaction score
Slow and steady wins the race, I can wait for a quality product. Look what happened with ecotech gen 5's, by all accounts a new product launch failure IMO. Broken/cracked case, fan issues, app issues. Yah, they have fixed many of the issues or are working on them so, good for the buyers, but I'm guessing they rushed the launch in some way, either way there shouldn't have been that many issues. I'll wait, thanks.

OP
Kessil

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
We are shooting for this month but will not release an official date yet as this Pandemic has been unpredictable and things can change any day! We definitely do not want to rush the release of this product and want it to be perfect. I do appreciate the anticipation and am just excited as you guys!

ReefAddiction34

View Badges
Reaction score
We are shooting for this month but will not release an official date yet as this Pandemic has been unpredictable and things can change any day! We definitely do not want to rush the release of this product and want it to be perfect. I do appreciate the anticipation and am just excited as you guys!
You guys couldn’t do worse than the G5 release hahahahaha.
Kessil all the way baby!

Woud you rather start a tank with dry rock or live rock from the ocean?

• Dry Rock

Votes: 175 40.9%
  • Live Rock

Votes: 145 33.9%
  • Combo of both

Votes: 99 23.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 2.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors