COMING SOON THE AP9X!!!

saf1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, I'm scheduled for tmw morning via zoom. Any questions I can ask for anyone?
Sure - apex connectivity. Native, built in, add on box, pwm, etc. You can ignore controller brand if it helps any and make it neutral.

minus9

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Well, there are a lot of little things. It was pretty cool to have a one on one zoom with them. I encourage anyone that hasn't signed up for the preview already , to do so. The LED array and reflector have been updated. Light distribution has been smoothed out compared to the 700. Built in wifi (essentially the same as the wifi dongle) two 0-10v ports for older lights and eventually apex connectivity. Although, I'm not a fan of using the apex to control my lights (at least Kessil), but I see that some want this option. I think the phone app is all you'll need to control the light (and any light connected to the AP9X). When other lights, say 360x's are connected, the AP9X will be the "hub", so you can create groups and everything else the controller and dongle give you. Two K-link ports for connecting more lights. It's lighter by a couple pounds and has a new mounting attachment for the "A" mounting arm that lets you tilt, rotate and set your preferred angle. The pucks are a little closer to each other and the coverage is roughly 36" x 24" for sps.

reef-rc

View Badges
Reaction score
Well, there are a lot of little things. It was pretty cool to have a one on one zoom with them. I encourage anyone that hasn't signed up for the preview already , to do so. The LED array and reflector have been updated. Light distribution has been smoothed out compared to the 700. Built in wifi (essentially the same as the wifi dongle) two 0-10v ports for older lights and eventually apex connectivity. Although, I'm not a fan of using the apex to control my lights (at least Kessil), but I see that some want this option. I think the phone app is all you'll need to control the light (and any light connected to the AP9X). When other lights, say 360x's are connected, the AP9X will be the "hub", so you can create groups and everything else the controller and dongle give you. Two K-link ports for connecting more lights. It's lighter by a couple pounds and has a new mounting attachment for the "A" mounting arm that lets you tilt, rotate and set your preferred angle. The pucks are a little closer to each other and the coverage is roughly 36" x 24" for sps.
no ETA still I assumed?

gtgutierrez

View Badges
Reaction score
All i gotta say is, its a good light great par wish they included more in the box like a legit hanging kit atleast for the price and sucks trouble connecting to wifi via app just like ap700

gtgutierrez

View Badges
Reaction score
Wonder how that will compare to the new light coming out in a few months that is about the same price. Should be interesting.
Over my red sea reefee 450 i turned off all other lights very good spread considering my tank is 5ft long not bad for one .

54E7BB73-572C-430F-AC02-2549AE079C19.png

Kyl

Money money money money money money money
View Badges
Reaction score
All i gotta say is, its a good light great par wish they included more in the box like a legit hanging kit atleast for the price and sucks trouble connecting to wifi via app just like ap700
I would wish that nothing can be as crappy as the wifi implementation and associated app the AP700 uses.

Woud you rather start a tank with dry rock or live rock from the ocean?

• Dry Rock

Votes: 166 40.6%
  • Live Rock

Votes: 137 33.5%
  • Combo of both

Votes: 97 23.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 2.2%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors