Comments on the fairly new RED SEA Reef led lights.

Luis leon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you own the light or have knowledge on this light can you please write positive or negative comments.

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you own the light or have knowledge on this light can you please write positive or negative comments.

Reef LED 50 - nothing in tank looks as good as tanks with AI Prime or Hydra or other lights XR15 with more colors and customization. They claim it is "stupid proof" as in any way you set it will cause no harm. Clicking fan but quickly sent replacement fan by Red Sea. Would really like more customization/colors.

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running a few 90s for a while so far I love em , very similar to kessil. So far my corals love them and the colors are insane growth is outstanding . They are very powerful and at first I was thinking they were not bright enough but the PUR is like 88 % so insane growing SPS, LPS , zoas, lots of chalices / favias/ lordes and lotsa shrooms. I also own AI , Ecotech , and some other LEDs these are the most like a 250 MH radium imho , I use em now with a t5 hybrid like i did my 250w setup

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running a few 90s for a while so far I love em , very similar to kessil. So far my corals love them and the colors are insane growth is outstanding . They are very powerful and at first I was thinking they were not bright enough but the PUR is like 88 % so insane growing SPS, LPS , zoas, lots of chalices / favias/ lordes and lotsa shrooms. I also own AI , Ecotech , and some other LEDs these are the most like a 250 MH radium imho , I use em now with a t5 hybrid like i did my 250w setup
My comment was only on the appearance of corals under this light vs others. No comment on growth or anything yet. I have no reason to not believe it is an outstanding light for growth of any corals based on Red Sea studies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back