Common door thickness for stand to be flush with tank?

1Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting an aluminium stand for my new tank and would like all the gloss panels to be flush with the tank as they mostly are with off the shelf tanks such as Red Sea, Waterbox etc... From my research Waterbox door panels are 18mm but I'm wondering if it's safe to have my tank sit on plywood being 18mm short on all 4 sides? My tank glass thickness will be 12mm, thanks.

PS: So for from Ikea and a few other websites I've noticed the common kitchen doors seem to be 18mm as wel..

McCarrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting an aluminium stand for my new tank and would like all the gloss panels to be flush with the tank as they mostly are with off the shelf tanks such as Red Sea, Waterbox etc... From my research Waterbox door panels are 18mm but I'm wondering if it's safe to have my tank sit on plywood being 18mm short on all 4 sides? My tank glass thickness will be 12mm, thanks.

PS: So for from Ikea and a few other websites I've noticed the common kitchen doors seem to be 18mm as wel..
My fiance builds a lot of cabinets and what not and that is just about the door thickness he uses. I think it's the most common overall. Any thinner and you start getting a flimsy door and nobody wants that!

ramona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Following, as I have same question

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back