Communication

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

aggieoil11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone hearing from the sponsor or getting email responses?

Floribraska

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on this post on one of the "other" forum sites, it looks like there was bacterial infection in his systems, and he is resetting entirely. I hope it's allowed that I post the link here: https://humble.fish/community/index.php?threads/announcement.3609/

I agree with you that more (aka any) communication would be nice to see from Mike...

lafarrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
aggieoil11

aggieoil11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thx for posting. I guess my order from 3 weeks ago isn’t going to happen...

OP
OP
aggieoil11

aggieoil11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I guess the 30-45 day timeline isn’t quite right

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I guess the 30-45 day timeline isn’t quite right
It may not be correct in this instance, but @Dr. Reef made the right decision to hold off in order to address the bacterial infections.
QTing fish is not easy in any sort of scale, nor is it fast process. If it was, livestock vendors would/should do it to keep inventory alive or every hobbyist would do it.

Phlynamjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed an order with him on early November. Now he is ghosting me and not responding to any of my emails.
It may not be correct in this instance, but @Dr. Reef made the right decision to hold off in order to address the bacterial infections.
QTing fish is not easy in any sort of scale, nor is it fast process. If it was, livestock vendors would/should do it to keep inventory alive or every hobbyist would do it.
He should have communicated with people who placed an order instead of ghosting them. Very poor business practice in my opinion. And it seems like this communication issue happens very frequently with this vendor.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just dont think he realizes you cant do this "part time " . Once you get on here you have to realize you're gonna get blown up . It makes you appreciate places like aquasd that are extremely organized and will reply to every email and has 20x the customers . I know he means well and it isnt intentional but customer service is what keeps the business going.

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just dont think he realizes you cant do this "part time " . Once you get on here you have to realize you're gonna get blown up . It makes you appreciate places like aquasd that are extremely organized and will reply to every email and has 20x the customers . I know he means well and it isnt intentional but customer service is what keeps the business going.
I understand the frustration with the communication. There is a learning curve for everyone coming into the new market place and two sides to the story. I know for a fact he has received hundred of emails about pricing on qted fish and then never get a sale. You are the customer and you get to choose who you do business with. There is some key differences to be made aware of though to compare apples to apples. He is a one man shop, aquasd is a established company with several employees. I have physically been to aquasd in person and was not impressed with the physical shop, online looks great, which by the way you cannot buy the same corals in person as you can online which is interesting. They only really work in the coral side of things. I personally believe quarantining fish is significantly harder then selling NON quarantined coral.

I agree with you he means well and might be overwhelmed at the current time.

I think specifically since QT fish has maybe 5 total US vendors, they are easily overwhelmed since this process is not sustainable at scale or too scale.

Rabidgoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered fish the end of December that were in stock. Supposed to get them after the holiday rush. Last week I was told they might be sent out this week (not). He offered some explanation on the other forum but didn't c/p to here or email his customers? Even an announcement on his website would be nice.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People that value qt would be happy to hear that if disaster was to happen, it would happen here with me rather their tanks.
I am not a typical vendor trying to make a living off this, in fact I don't even care if I make a penny as this is not my primary goal. My passion is towards the hobby.

If clients are in a hurry to get fish, I am not that vendor. Rather if you want good healthy livestock then sure you will have to wait for it.

My records speaks for itself all over the internet or pm any of my previous clients.

What is the delay?
I ran into a bacterial infection that killed 80% of the livestock. Had to bleach and reset 4 out of 5 systems.

Imagine if you have an issue like that with a few fish in your qt and you have to treat or bleach it out. Now Imagine that with 60-80 fish in 10-12 tanks hooked together as 1 system times 4. You get the idea.

It takes time to reset recycle and eliminate issues.
This is why I don't charge anything or anyone till fish is ready.

Anyways I am back at it again. Will be shipping after this snow blizzard I over by Feb 17th hopefully. Can't risk shipping delays and extreme cold weather conditions.

Phlynamjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People that value qt would be happy to hear that if disaster was to happen, it would happen here with me rather their tanks.
I am not a typical vendor trying to make a living off this, in fact I don't even care if I make a penny as this is not my primary goal. My passion is towards the hobby.

If clients are in a hurry to get fish, I am not that vendor. Rather if you want good healthy livestock then sure you will have to wait for it.

My records speaks for itself all over the internet or pm any of my previous clients.

What is the delay?
I ran into a bacterial infection that killed 80% of the livestock. Had to bleach and reset 4 out of 5 systems.

Imagine if you have an issue like that with a few fish in your qt and you have to treat or bleach it out. Now Imagine that with 60-80 fish in 10-12 tanks hooked together as 1 system times 4. You get the idea.

It takes time to reset recycle and eliminate issues.
This is why I don't charge anything or anyone till fish is ready.

Anyways I am back at it again. Will be shipping after this snow blizzard I over by Feb 17th hopefully. Can't risk shipping delays and extreme cold weather conditions.
I think you are missing the key point of this topic. The issue is with the communication not that people are hungry to get their fish. I am not in any rush and completely ok to wait a year if needed. My issue is with the commutation. You having issue with the bacterial infection has nothing to do with your email. So I don’t understand why you had to complete ignore my email and left me feeling like you are ghosting me. All I wanted was an email from you that my fishes aren’t ready and I need to wait longer. Anyway glad you are back and fulfilling orders.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are missing the key point of this topic. The issue is with the communication not that people are hungry to get their fish. I am not in any rush and completely ok to wait a year if needed. My issue is with the commutation. You having issue with the bacterial infection has nothing to do with your email. So I don’t understand why you had to complete ignore my email and left me feeling like you are ghosting me. All I wanted was an email from you that my fishes aren’t ready and I need to wait longer. Anyway glad you are back and fulfilling orders.

I was waiting awhile for a response too but not really upset about it. He already posted why he won't get back to people for long periods. He isn't allowed to have his phone at his job.

Remember, no one has paid him money for pre-ordered fish so it's not like he is trying to run away with the $$$.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's my fault for not communicating. There are many reasons for it like mentioned above.
1 big reason that has always been there is number of emails texts I get daily. Honestly if I was to truly start replying to every email which I really wanna do. It will take me 4 to 6 hrs daily.
That is why I opened a phone line so I can reduce some of the electronic communication.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but AquaSD is also well known to send out lots of corals and fish with pests over the years so which way do you want it?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back