Compare your Anemone to a CC Supernova BTA...Judges who is the winner??

Xtremeclownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a new anemone in town called, the CC Supernova BTA! If any of you have viewed this BTA on their website...you will agree it's a beauty, colorful and a sticker price of $1800

However, many members are making claims that this Supernova BTA is not all that it claims. Many members including myself would say that we have anemones that are much nicer compare to those members who have recently purchase these CC Supernova BTA's. These are based on the recent pictures provided by these members. That give us some doubts on what they purchase and for the price sticker of $1800. Think about it, if you saw a hippo tang online and you order one, rest assure other than the size the color this hippo will be the same. So if I buy anemone sticker at $1800 it better look the same! I don't want to hear that you’re using 20K MH because I can easily purchase the lights and not necessarily will result with the same effect or color. There are other factors, the room size, color of the room, the setting. You might have this anemone tank in a basement. So in order to get the same color, I will have to relocate, change my lightning and now I have spent over $1800 for a CC Supernova BTA! Then God forbid this anemone melts or get caught in a powerhead or stuck on the overflow, I’m sure there are a few of us that experience these events when owning an anemone.

I have seen and owned many anemones and I bet that mine and members here that have anemone that are winner! In comparing to a CC Supernova BTA, I'm sure nicer and cheaper! But please if you’re proud and convince your anemone is the sickest looking anemone then post your picture. We invite those that are current owners of a CC Supernova BTA's please don't be afraid to post a picture of your CC Supernova BTA, taken with your camera.

Goldenvue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't have a sn but the pic on eBay of said sn and the one on the anemone forum do t even look close. I know same "name" nems can vary in color but for the most part look the same.

Akida17th

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're regarding the picture I posted of my friend's, which is absolutely authentic purchased from the owner of CC Matt, is because lighting changes everything. The pics CC posts are under 400W MH radium bulbs and zoomed in with a macro probably. Obviously lighting matters dramatically and as we know, vendors touch their pics up with photoshop and CC is no different imo. The one I posted is an AUTHENTIC cc supernova whether anyone believes it or not I could care less just trying to help the OP see what a REAL one actually looks like, not some other orange BTA. Good luck finding out the info you need OP.

Goldenvue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to let peeps know not tryen to be disrespectful at all. I understand all corals nems can look different in different tanks. Very striking nem when under the mh for sure not taking away anything that's it has the linage to og suppernova. Been there done that w sunburst so I get the frustration just really comparing the similarities of the two. After all are they not all entacmaea quadricolor?

Goldenvue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have to continue with the nova rant?
U talking to me? Not a rant just my opinion! You do t have to like it but hey we're in the USA I'm still intitled to it! Your the one w back to back posts bringing it up. Have a great day!

Last edited:

jakub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U talking to me? Not a rant just my opinion! You do t have to like it but hey we're in the USA I'm still intitled to it! Your the one w back to back posts bringing it up. Have a great day!
sorry for the mixup. i'm talking xtremeclownfish hows he making same topick posts R2R wide

jakub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry for the mix up. i'm taulking about extremeclownfish he's just spamming R2R with the nova thing.

joshkirkland83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every review ive read on CC is they are crooks. Ben from BSA Corals and I couldnt even get an inferno, two months after paying them. So, I doubt anyone handed $1800 to these guys, unless they went there in person.

cmac330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased my lemon drop from Coral Collection, and I can assure you their anemones aren't just regular bubble tips you can find anywhere. They are good people and they definitely care for the health of their specimens. It took two weeks before they were able to ship my lemon drop after payment because it took that amount of time to safely remove the anemone from it's tank. I also have Gonzo's Colorado sunburst and my CC Lemon Drop is a nicer piece (granted it also came with a little higher price, and the sunburst is also an incredible piece). I have a blue LED flashlight and I have been to a vast number of stores (including every PetCo) on a regular basis just looking for hidden gems and while I have been able to get my hands on some nice rainbows, roses and greens I have never found anything that matches the colors found in these nems.

It's fine if you don't want to pay a high price tag for something, in fact it is really easy, just don't. I've seen people pay $1000 for the Walt Disney and the piece doesn't look like anything unless it is under 20K blue or higher. As far as replicating color, it is dependent on so many factors other than just lighting. Water parameters, nutrient level and flow all play a significant role in coloration. You must also consider that anemones have a tendency to expel zooaxnthelle when stressed (situations like shipping induce stress) and it can take some time and care to get them back to full color. Minh (OrionN) has written quite a bit about this price in gigantea and magnifica anemones.

In the end this is a hobby, by definition it is not reasonable to spend any money on any part of it. I will upload some pictures of my lemon drop shortly, and this was after shipping with some zooaxnthelle left in the bag. I strongly suggest you post some pictures of your tank to back up your claim if you are going to throw a business' name in the dirt. You can easily go back 7 years on this site and find people with their flame tip and inferno anemones that are happy with the color and brightness of their nem.

cmac330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

This last picture is of the rainbow the lemon drop is being held in front of and it can also be seen in the top right of the picture right before it. Lighting is kessil/hydra 52 combo. I respect your right to disagree with the price and to want to keep them honest but you have no solid evidence backing your claim, just someone else's picture you found.

joshkirkland83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased my lemon drop from Coral Collection, and I can assure you their anemones aren't just regular bubble tips you can find anywhere. They are good people and they definitely care for the health of their specimens. It took two weeks before they were able to ship my lemon drop after payment because it took that amount of time to safely remove the anemone from it's tank. I also have Gonzo's Colorado sunburst and my CC Lemon Drop is a nicer piece (granted it also came with a little higher price, and the sunburst is also an incredible piece). I have a blue LED flashlight and I have been to a vast number of stores (including every PetCo) on a regular basis just looking for hidden gems and while I have been able to get my hands on some nice rainbows, roses and greens I have never found anything that matches the colors found in these nems.

It's fine if you don't want to pay a high price tag for something, in fact it is really easy, just don't. I've seen people pay $1000 for the Walt Disney and the piece doesn't look like anything unless it is under 20K blue or higher. As far as replicating color, it is dependent on so many factors other than just lighting. Water parameters, nutrient level and flow all play a significant role in coloration. You must also consider that anemones have a tendency to expel zooaxnthelle when stressed (situations like shipping induce stress) and it can take some time and care to get them back to full color. Minh (OrionN) has written quite a bit about this price in gigantea and magnifica anemones.

In the end this is a hobby, by definition it is not reasonable to spend any money on any part of it. I will upload some pictures of my lemon drop shortly, and this was after shipping with some zooaxnthelle left in the bag. I strongly suggest you post some pictures of your tank to back up your claim if you are going to throw a business' name in the dirt. You can easily go back 7 years on this site and find people with their flame tip and inferno anemones that are happy with the color and brightness of their nem.
First off, i was stating MY experience and reviews i read about the company. They are crooks. Second i never said anything bad about the nems. They are awesome and i would love to get my hands on ANY of them. If CC were a good company id have a lemon drop and inferno by now. Third, what the heck does my tanks have to do with anything?? But to pacify you ill post pics of my 90g and 75g when my lights come on.

cmac330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, i was stating MY experience and reviews i read about the company. They are crooks. Second i never said anything bad about the nems. They are awesome and i would love to get my hands on ANY of them. If CC were a good company id have a lemon drop and inferno by now. Third, what the heck does my tanks have to do with anything?? But to pacify you ill post pics of my 90g and 75g when my lights come on.

Sorry, wasn't actually going after you, more upset about the original poster. You gave your experience and have every reason to be frustrated if you never received your specimen. The OP actually posted an ISO thread trying to buy one from someone other than the vendor and is trying to stir up discourse without ever having dealt with them or seen their anemones in person. My frustration is with reefers who put out opinions as fact and mislead others who might have less experience. I actually appreciated your input but am curious if you can be more specific about your experience as I plan to purchase from them again. Did you ever receive the nem or get your money back? Sorry to have upset you, you stated your opinion was based on reviews and an experience and I would very much like to understand it. The reason I asked for his tank pics were because he said you can get nicer BTAs pretty much anywhere which seems like a fallacy, however if you would like to post your tank pictures it wouldn't upset me as I love looking at tanks! I did quite a bit of researching before purchasing from them and found quite a large number of positive reviews and I assume everyone has a certain number of negative reviews. I had a good experience, you did not, I think this sort of discussion has merit and will help future purchasers. Again, sorry if you felt I was attacking you as my post was directed at the original post.

joshkirkland83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, wasn't actually going after you, more upset about the original poster. You gave your experience and have every reason to be frustrated if you never received your specimen. The OP actually posted an ISO thread trying to buy one from someone other than the vendor and is trying to stir up discourse without ever having dealt with them or seen their anemones in person. My frustration is with reefers who put out opinions as fact and mislead others who might have less experience. I actually appreciated your input but am curious if you can be more specific about your experience as I plan to purchase from them again. Did you ever receive the nem or get your money back? Sorry to have upset you, you stated your opinion was based on reviews and an experience and I would very much like to understand it. The reason I asked for his tank pics were because he said you can get nicer BTAs pretty much anywhere which seems like a fallacy, however if you would like to post your tank pictures it wouldn't upset me as I love looking at tanks! I did quite a bit of researching before purchasing from them and found quite a large number of positive reviews and I assume everyone has a certain number of negative reviews. I had a good experience, you did not, I think this sort of discussion has merit and will help future purchasers. Again, sorry if you felt I was attacking you as my post was directed at the original post.
All good. No worries. Ben and I were purchasing 3 infernos. Paid through paypal. These werent babies, supposed to be mothers. Dragged us on from october to december of last year, kept saying he had to get them out. After ben requested money back, no response. Finally had to do paypal dispute to get our money back. I got a burst instead that Ben found me from another vendor.

cmac330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All good. No worries. Ben and I were purchasing 3 infernos. Paid through paypal. These werent babies, supposed to be mothers. Dragged us on from october to december of last year, kept saying he had to get them out. After ben requested money back, no response. Finally had to do paypal dispute to get our money back. I got a burst instead that Ben found me from another vendor.

Wow, that would be frustrating and can see where you are coming from on that. At least the paypal dispute got your money back, sucks it can't get your time back. The sunburst is a beautiful nem too, so at least there was some consolation!

joshkirkland83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that would be frustrating and can see where you are coming from on that. At least the paypal dispute got your money back, sucks it can't get your time back. The sunburst is a beautiful nem too, so at least there was some consolation!
Yeah i love the burst. It just ruined my christmas present inferno to myself. Which made it worse.

mcmc1717

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really care but you can get a BEAUTIFUL red carpet anemone for 1k less at aquariumcreation.com than that piece of junk (still an expensive anemone)

mcmc1717

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its called the red Metallic Short Tentacle Haddoni Carpet Anemone.

cnseekatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every review ive read on CC is they are crooks. Ben from BSA Corals and I couldnt even get an inferno, two months after paying them. So, I doubt anyone handed $1800 to these guys, unless they went there in person.

I like Coral Collections. I like their shop, and I really like the two Matts. Both are good guys, knowledgeable, responsive and fair. That being said, I don't know anything about your transaction with them, but I do know that they're not some crazy big nem breeder. It's just a small shop that just so happens to have amazing specimens. They lose livestock just like the rest of us, and I'm sure that the rarer nems are no exception.

I took these at their shop a couple months ago, no photoshop or touch-ups whatsoever.

49468429-650d-4ddf-9f7e-07e563bca01b_zpspryrtlrt.jpg

ea6473b2-5764-4e02-a1d0-03cfaacb5011_zpsalwoctjk.jpg

Back