Complete rescape?

Octane13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank has been up with livestock for just over 7 months. For the most part everything is doing well and has been very stable. I would like to essentially completely redo my aquascape, when I first started I wanted Softies and LPS but after a couple tiny $5 SPS frags grew out a bit I think I've changed my mind. There is a lot of space left for coral but hey new is exciting. Should I even attempt the move? How would I do it without harming inhabitants or causing a major issues. I have moved a few rocks around here and there to create more flow and less dead zones.

Current rockwork
IMG_0934.JPG

Some corals are encrusted so that would pose a problem and I also have a sand dwelling wrasse. I do have a bunch of other tanks laying around I could temporarily move livestock to if need be.

Cubano32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have rescaped my tank lots of times while fish are still in tank...as far as corals go anything that isn't encrusted over rocks just put in a Tupperware with tank water in it move all your rocks around how you want them put the frags where you want
So my tank has been up with livestock for just over 7 months. For the most part everything is doing well and has been very stable. I would like to essentially completely redo my aquascape, when I first started I wanted Softies and LPS but after a couple tiny $5 SPS frags grew out a bit I think I've changed my mind. There is a lot of space left for coral but hey new is exciting. Should I even attempt the move? How would I do it without harming inhabitants or causing a major issues. I have moved a few rocks around here and there to create more flow and less dead zones.

Current rockwork
IMG_0934.JPG

Some corals are encrusted so that would pose a problem and I also have a sand dwelling wrasse. I do have a bunch of other tanks laying around I could temporarily move livestock to if need be.

OP
OP
Octane13

Octane13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have rescaped my tank lots of times while fish are still in tank...as far as corals go anything that isn't encrusted over rocks just put in a Tupperware with tank water in it move all your rocks around how you want them put the frags where you want

Have you ever used putty to secure rocks to one another?

Cubano32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope never used putty or glue or any kind of reef cement because I change my mind so often I want to be able to move stuff around

Porpoise Hork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

With stuff like the "reef saver" rock, it interlocks very well, so most of the time you won't need to glue them in place. Now with pukani, fiji, tonga etc. That stuff depending on how elaborate you get with it, may require some sort of bonding agent.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back