Concentration of Ammonia (ppm) per Ammonium Chloride Dose (g) and Tank Volume (gal)

CaliforniaScienceCenterWQ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody,

This thread may not be relevant to everybody, but to those who need it I think that this could be extremely useful. For those of us that opt to do a fishless cycle, I have created a quick reference dosing chart to achieve whatever concentration (ppm) of ammonia you desire by dosing ammonium chloride (NH4Cl). I have done the same for nitrite by dosing sodium nitrite. Also looking for people to double check my work. I can provide more info on how I got the numbers that I did if anybody is interested. First post!!

Ammonium Chloride Dose.png

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody,

This thread may not be relevant to everybody, but to those who need it I think that this could be extremely useful. For those of us that opt to do a fishless cycle, I have created a quick reference dosing chart to achieve whatever concentration (ppm) of ammonia you desire by dosing ammonium chloride (NH4Cl). I have done the same for nitrite by dosing sodium nitrite. Also looking for people to double check my work. I can provide more info on how I got the numbers that I did if anybody is interested. First post!!

Ammonium Chloride Dose.png
Check the 10 gallon column at 0.9 g NH4Cl.

S3lkies82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much AC would i dose to achieve 0.010 mg/l (ppm?) in a 1240L (330G) tank? I'm in my cycle and i just want to test the stage etc. Thanks in advance.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back