Condy anemone target feeding necessary?

ajiisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ,

I decided to add a condy anemone to my FOWLR aquarium to bring some color . Do we really need to target feed anemones. My nitrates are between 15-20ppm I. As soon as I put him into tank the anemone attached to my bare bottom tank near a rock and its sitting there since then. I have reef rated lights LED Nicrew. Can it eat from the water column when I feed my fishes?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not necessary although opposed to ones like bubble tips, they rarely have a fish to drop food into them
An occasional squirt of mysis shrimp will thrill them

OP
OP
A

ajiisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not necessary although opposed to ones like bubble tips, they rarely have a fish to drop food into them
An occasional squirt of mysis shrimp will thrill them
Does he look happy?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I didn't get. Can you explain what's wrong worth it
Sorry, I was replying to the your first post. He looks extremely happy. You can feed them as wekk, but whatever spare fish food the fish don't snag gets snapped up by my anemones (usually mysis and brine in my case). I have two of them. They will always be whiteish like this with either blue or purple tips (depending on the time of day and lighting).

OP
OP
A

ajiisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I was replying to the your first post. He looks extremely happy. You can feed them as wekk, but whatever spare fish food the fish don't snag gets snapped up by my anemones (usually mysis and brine in my case). I have two of them. They will always be whiteish like this with either blue or purple tips (depending on the time of day and lighting).
Thank you

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Does he look happy?
He does with exception of too much flow. You can offer flow but this seems directed at the anemone and will cause it to move and why he may be tucked in the crevice (trying to avoid the flow)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back